Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Finds 1700's Coin

CTX3030

The area I am hunting had an influx of

nice hard to come by find. good for you

Cool stuff, congrats!------What coil was you using, how deep was the coin & what #(s) did it come in at?----Inquiring minds wanna know!:)

D&P-OR said:
Cool stuff, congrats!------What coil was you using, how deep was the coin & what #(s) did it come in at?----Inquiring minds wanna know!:)

I was using the 17" coil. The numbers were jumping between 11:36 and 12:45 at a depth of 6". I have been running auto sensitivity +3 and in Auto it runs pretty high usually 27-29. The soil must be mild here. The day before I may have not dug this signal. I was hunting a field across the Bay and I dug 42 dimes in an area of about 10 square feet. I was getting dime signals everywhere. There had to be hundreds of them. I got tired of digging them and moved on to a different spot. I later talked to the caretaker and he said there was a wedding in that field overlooking the Bay. Instead of rice they threw dimes painted gold at the bride and groom. If I ever get destitute I will come back and get the rest.

Your KG 11 half penny looks like the one I found with head facing left. See my post June 14th in Todays Finds forum. The date on mine is at the bottom of the harp. Can see 60 at the right side of the harp on mine but not the 17 at the left side of the harp. Found it at a 1700's farm.

jabbo said:
Your KG 11 half penny looks like the one I found with head facing left. See my post June 14th in Todays Finds forum. The date on mine is at the bottom of the harp. Can see 60 at the right side of the harp on mine but not the 17 at the left side of the harp. Found it at a 1700's farm.

Your coin is Definatley 1760. On my coin I can't, tell if he is looking left (1736-1760) or right (1766-1782). It would be nice to know. I am just happy to have dug a colonial coin, my first. I replied to one of your post "Went to 1700's Farm Today" on April 28th and said "A colonial coin of any type is on my list. I feel this year is the year, great finds" .

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,2054075,2054154#msg-2054154