Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX In Another hunted out lake:bouncy:

Grumpyolddiver

I went to a lake for about two hours tonight and there were holes everywhere.But that small gold can't be hidden from the ctx.Only got five keepers but one was gold 1.6grams of 10k.It was in the same hole along with a nickle.So can't figure how it was missed? It won't set the world on fire but Gold is Gold. Grumpy

Hey Grumpy,

Nice find. Were you in the water or on the sand when you found that? Me and a friend of mine went to a lake Friday. Holes everywhere. I got a bunch of weights and a few coins. I guess I shouldn't wait so late in the season, huh? When you go to the lake, do you prefer hunting in the water or on the beaches, or both? Thanks for any advice you can give me. I'm new to this hobby. Rod

Hi Rod Here are 6-rings,both 10K and 14K and one earring that have all come out of the water(this year).I wait until it's colder to hunt the dry sand.The difference with the ctx is that I go after those low tone signals (10-08 ,12-12,etc ) and don't stop till I got them in the float basket.And yes I dig alot of junk like broken tabs or beaver tails but if you listen and set up your ctx right you can hear the difference from the iron and get those low tones out from in the iron.I would much rather have the big fat rings and do get some,but I don't like passing up the little ones either.Two of these rings came from ankle deep water that I know others have hunted and were mixed in with the iron (bobbie pins ,barrette's etc) that will sometimes null out on other machines. Doug . . . Hope this Helps:cool:

great lake hunting congrats

Hey Grumpy,

Nice find. Were you in the water or on the sand when you found that? Me and a friend of mine went to a lake Friday. Holes everywhere. I got a bunch of weights and a few coins. I guess I shouldn't wait so late in the season, huh? When you go to the lake, do you prefer hunting in the water or on the beaches, or both? Thanks for any advice you can give me. I'm new to this hobby. Rod