Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX in Wet Sand - Deeper then Xcal or GT?

CCadrin

I have a question about depth. Is it deeper in salt water sand then the XCAL, GT, or Whites Dual and by how much ? I do know the advantage detecting when iron is next to good target.

I currently have a GT and a Whites Dual Field and was wonder if I can retire both units. My water hunting style is no deeper then top of leg and my control unit is never submerged.

I appreciate any feedback.

You will get a lot more answers if you ask in the water hunting sub-forum.

I have both Excsl and 3030. I wouldnt ridk flooding the 3030 and like the tone language the Excal has. Hunting in pinpoint mode surely goes deeeeeep!
Just my opinion.

I'd probably give the edge to the CTX with stock coil over the 10" Excal. No question CTX+17" is deeper. I rarely take the CTX onto the beach without the 17 tho.

I beach hunt with my CTX to about knee height, but I am the paranoid type. I do have the heavier o-ring fwiw. If I know I am going to dunk my detector in salt water, I take the Excal.

Cant comment on hunting in PP like mcb613 sez. Gonna have to get that switch mod done to mine soon!

nowhere near as deep as a DF I can tell you that 1st hand, but no iron digging with a ctx, always a trade off in this game.

AJ