Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX issue with coil cable connector

mcb613

Anyone noticing a difficulty eith cable pin alignment while switching coils? I have been noticing the cable connector is not easily aligned when reconnecting the coil to head box. I looked and found that the CTX pins were twisted in the mail connector of the box. Until I studied the keyway, after noticing the dificulty, i realized the pins on the CTX are much thinner than the E-Trac snd Explorers. I think this all atarted by twisting the connector to get it seated, not thinking that the pins would twist.
Anyone notice any difficulty? I think this may be for those that swap between coils often. Im concerned the pins have weakened and may break at some time. Way to go Minelab with designing thinner pins.
Thanks

Why would you twist the connector? You push it straight in and then screw down the collar. In 3 years I haven't had a problem with repeated coil changes.

in all fairness the very fine coil pin set up is not what we are used to as 99.9% of detectors are thick 4 or 5 pin coil seats that can be turned to find the seating place.

try this method with the CTX and you have busted off the fine pins and its back to the shop, humans are creatures of habit so when radical changes are made we need to be advised or we keep doing what we have always done. so minelab would need to take this into consideration when making radical changes to the way things are done with ample warning of twisting the cable to find the seat and the consequences on the coil cable or housing connector.

sure there have been more than 1 stripping of those very fine pins by unsuspecting detectorists who are used to what they are used too.

AJ

Copy, I was thinking the same thing. Would be nice to have that factory marked, but that may make too much sense also, or cost an extra 2-5 cents in mfg.

The cable is marked with a raised bump just past the metal part. That's where you align it.

Stever0812 said:
The cable is marked with a raised bump just past the metal part. That's where you align it.

That raised bump is too hard for me to see, so I mark all my cable connector 'bumps' with a giant blue arrow, using a sharpie pen.

Makes it a LOT easier to line up.

:)
mike