Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX makes another beach trip

Jason in TN

Just got home from a beach trip about 40 hours of hunting with the 17" and the stock coil. The 17 got much more coverage but I did not notice a great depth difference. It was a little heavy but for a coil that big it is really not to bad. Again dug only low signals less than 37 and also 45 and up digging quarters and a chance at a larger silver ring. Had a great time the CXT is now officially my favorite beach detector after about 80+ hours on the beach with it I am impressed. I did get in the ocean some with it and could get it to run fine. Only ran in auto going any where from -3 to +3 depending where I was at in the water or on the beach. As some of you may know I have not been a huge Minelab fan in the past owning both Explorers and a Etrac. Balance on both was way off for me. Well all I can say ia Minelab finally got it right on this detector. Only small complaint is the arm cuff will move down slowly while detecting more so with the 17" coil. Got a bunch of nickels quarters and a few crusty zinc's did show up below 37 and even a dime or two in the mix. A lot of folks say they are having problems with the CTX at the beach but not on my beach it ran great. I hunted along side a metal detecting club from SC and other guys who hunt the beach a lot and live there almost all were using excal's or Soverigns and I did better than any of them I think the great ID and ability to leave all the pennies and dimes behind was part of the advantage also bottle cap ID was great. Will try to get every thing unloaded sorted out and get you some picks up soon. I did have one wedding band return too. Now you know why I have not been posting for almost a week. Been doing a lot of digging. Was a lot of fun the CTX is just a fun detector to hunt with. I was skeptical when announcement was made of release but now I have seen the light. Maybe I will dig a hole in the dirt with it one day have almost 100 hour on it and all have been at the beach or in the water some where.

Jason

Jason, sounds like you had a great time at the beach. I am really looking forward to going to the Gulf Coast for the winter months and trying this new CTX out and hope that I can do at leas half as good as you have been doing. Due to the increased weight, I think that I will be sticking to the stock coil or maybe even smaller. I can't wait to see the pictures of your finds. Thanks for sharing with us all.

Great info Jason!!

Look forward to the pics!

Got a few pictures together of finds. Will not bore you with the coins and other stuff IPhone included but it is dead.

90E31C91-57C1-4EDE-94D3-3ADC9095535C-595-0000005C52359A9D.jpg

The gold the big shinny rock is real wife says close to a carat.

53081018-E86B-4B71-AEE6-D6AEA121A8DD-595-0000005C5FCA47F7.jpg

The silver not a lot but you give up some silver not digging the dime signals. I would rather go for the gold. Larger ring came in as quarter. The rest under a zinc penny 37 on the ID.

D646E7DB-88C9-446E-A5FD-DD0C65712F7E-595-0000005C7144991F.jpg

The other stuff. Tungsten titanium and stainless. In future post I will just call this crapolium.

41F2070F-7B25-4EC9-B3F4-997EB516B547-595-0000005C9ACBE65A.jpg

The returned ring.

FC0EAD54-579E-4720-AB68-AAFD67E09001-595-0000005CA7F4297D.jpg

This guy is happy to be out of the dog house.

Was a fun hunt had a good time hope to get back to the beach maybe one more time this year. Always have a good time and it is good to see some of the guys I have made friends with that live down there.

Sorry about all the editing it is a PITA to post pic's using a IPad.

Jason

Congrats on the haul!!!

Esp that gold/diamond ring! A carat fetches a pretty penny now...

Wow! Great group of finds Jason. That rock is huge! Nicely done. Congrats on the recoveries. HH Randy

Digger said:
Wow! Great group of finds Jason. That rock is huge! Nicely done. Congrats on the recoveries. HH Randy
I
Thanks with the gold I have found so far and ring should have enough to pay for the CTX

WOW again! Congrats on finding enough to pay for the CTX 3030 in such a short period of time. It just don't get much better than that! Great stuff. HH Randy