Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Newbie

duggr

I probably only have a few hours on the CTX So i'm still learning the settings. I only had a couple hours
before sundown so I decided that I would use the Factory Silver program for the first time. I was a little
apprehensive about using that much discrimination at first because of all the iron but I found out that
it made it easier for me to ignore the trash and still have the ability to find the goodies.
Needless to say the Silver program did what it was suppose to! "Find Silver"

Thanks everyone. Yah I really scraped that 1887 dime really bad...

It was not the silver pattern, it was you finding the silver, congrats!!! I have my CTX for about two weeks now and found some canadian silver here too on the coin pattern. I will be going to the CTX bootcamp this weekend to Portage, IN to really get the tricks to get more efficient with it....hope also to buy Andy's CTX book there from him

Konas,

I bought the book already and read it one time. Need to go back and read it again.
They recommend reading it, putting what you learn to use. Read it again in about
3 months, and again later. 3 readings. You won't believe how much it helped me.
Had mine 2 months tomorrow. Went back to my wife's old abandoned high school
that has been beat to death by everybody including myself and now I am finding old
coins where before with the Safari and AT Pro I only found modern coins. You won't
believe how easy it is now to find that elusive buffalo nickel. Nickels are the most
"left behind" coin in the country.

I can't wait to go to the bootcamp, get the book and start!!!! I will go over my old spots after that too.....

My time of being jealous of the ctx finds will soon come to an end. I just bought a 2 week old ctx with a few extras (including a never used pro pointer AT) for $1800 as a birthday present to myself. The etrac was a fine machine but the poor balance of it made it nearly unbearable. I'm excited to get out there and join the club!

Eyeage said:
The etrac was a fine machine but the poor balance of it made it nearly unbearable.

I hear yah!

Need to update your signature.

Thats right !

Holy cow!!! Great day.

Kyseeker said:
Holy cow!!! Great day.

I've been Hunting the same place for almost a year now. I have Five silvers so far with the ctx.
Below is the goodies I found there with the etrac earlier this year. Hopefully the CTX willdo as good there
as the Etrac did

Great place you have there duggr love those coins and good luck with your ctx . :thumbup: sube

sube said:
Great place you have there duggr love those coins and good luck with your ctx . :thumbup: sube

Thanks sube!

duggr said:
Thanks everyone. Yah I really scraped that 1887 dime really bad...

Great set of finds on your maiden hunts . . . . keep posting them!

As far as the scratch, I always tell myself that the coin was lost that way . . . might not be the case but it makes me feel better :)

In my opinion, the CTX a more advanced machine than most all on the market today! I love my CTX!! Check out the post on the Auto Sens, and play around with it. It may provide some extra special finds to your collection!! http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2237439

Paulie said:
In my opinion, the CTX a more advanced machine than most all on the market today! I love my CTX!! Check out the post on the Auto Sens, and play around with it. It may provide some extra special finds to your collection!! http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2237439
Thanks Paulie I'll check it out...