Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX PINPOINT TRACE...ON AN ETRAC ????

Elmy

Pinpoint trace..One of the greatest features of the ctx 3030.
However, I have found something similar to tracing a target on the etrac.
Can it be done or something like it on the etrac...works for me !

I am not going into the details but instead will add a link at the bottom of the post to use as a reference to etrac tracing.
First find a target...look for a deeper coin target and pinpoint it...place a marker on the exact place you pinpointed it at.
The trace you end up with will be a vertical line as shown in the ctx pic below...there will be a cluster or box where the target id is.
Simply move the arrow keys while still in edit, after you have traced the target, to the center of the cluster or box for a targets id...later you can just visually determine
if the target is good or bad....targets like a nail or small iron will splatter dots across the screen in no pattern at all, what we want is
a pattern or box if the target is a shallow coin, to appear on the screen. Which will take about 10 or more passes across the target.
just as if you are pinpointing a target ..wiggle the coil over the spot you marked and then turn 90 degrees and do it again.
The deeper the coin, the longer the vertical trail will be.

Now lets see a pic of the ctx pinpoint trace....The etrac trace will look similar to this pic or a box or rectanuglar shape for shallow coins without color or a target circle spot.
If you haven't seen a video on ctx 3030 pinpoint trace....google it and watch a few.

ctx 3030 pipoint trace.jpg

The instructions say to use the middle box in edit but I find the small box to be better at making a trace of the target for me...

Here is the link.
etrac trace

HH
ELMY

Let me break it down in steps for you...great pattern maker or a target discriminator...

Switch to Manual Sensitivity by using the left or right navigation buttons,
and turn the Sensitivity level down until the target cursor is stable.

hit menu...
scroll to discrimination...
down arrow key to edit...
right arrow key...
arrow key on right top under power button...down to bottom setting...
press accept/reject button twice....to black screen....
arrow key on right top under power button...once to top setting.
arrow key on left below light button....twice to check mark setting.
you are now in target tracing mode ....scan your target ...
press detect button to stop scan...Now look at your screen for the pinpoint trace.
Look for a cluster of dots...that is the targets id.
load to smart screen....yes to keep....no to return to your current detecting pattern.
A great way to make patterns, just save the scan to a pattern 1-6 empty slot.
Then combine the all the patterns you have scanned into one pattern.

Use to make patterns or check targets id. The etrac pinpoint trace.

oops....found a mistake here...one step out of order...sorry...try this.... (FIXED)
When I said look at your screen, you saw save to smart find yes or no....DANG IT !

Switch to Manual Sensitivity by using the left or right navigation buttons,
and turn the Sensitivity level down until the target cursor is stable.

hit menu...
scroll to discrimination...
down arrow key to edit...
right arrow key...
arrow key on right top under power button...down to bottom setting...
press accept/reject button twice....to black screen....
arrow key on right top under power button...once to top setting.
arrow key on left below light button....twice to check mark setting.
you are now in target tracing mode ....scan your target ... different angles...about 10 sweeps or more.
Now look at your screen for the pinpoint trace.
Look for a cluster of dots...that is the targets id.
press detect button to stop scan..
load to smart screen....yes to keep....no to return to your current detecting pattern.
A great way to make patterns, just save the scan to a pattern 1-6 empty slot.
Then combine the all the patterns you have scanned into one pattern.

Use to make patterns or check targets id. The etrac pinpoint trace.