Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Question???

mickfin

So I understand the best way to get Depth is to max out the sensitivity in manual?? So do I got to put up with all the fallsing signals if I want Depth????
Thanks , Mickfin

More or less, depends on the ground your over, EMI in the area.. .

You can max out your volume gain to hit those targets on the outer fringes. More sensitivity doesn't always mean more depth.

I have found a big improvement in depth with manual sensitivity, versus auto +3 for finding the really deep targets.. 10 inches or so...

Manual Is definitely better than auto lets say your in auto and the machine is running 17+3 so you would think that means 20, flip that thing to manual 20 and see how much better it performs auto seems to dumb down the gain on the ctx and they do it so that it runs smooth for the operator, just find the manual setting that doesn't false and go nuts and I gurantee you that manual setting even if the auto numbers match is getting deeper. Try it

vancemetaldetecting.com said:
Manual Is definitely better than auto lets say your in auto and the machine is running 17+3 so you would think that means 20, flip that thing to manual 20 and see how much better it performs auto seems to dumb down the gain on the ctx and they do it so that it runs smooth for the operator, just find the manual setting that doesn't false and go nuts and I gurantee you that manual setting even if the auto numbers match is getting deeper. Try it

Manual is not always better. And Auto does not dumb it down. How each responds will depend on the soil conditions, and how each of the channels perceive the influence of the receive signals. If you do a search, you'll find several posts I made as to how the Sensitivity works on the CTX3030.....Auto vs. Manual. HH Randy

Stability is much more important than depth. Auto + 3 works well. Having your sensitivity to high can actually degrade performance.