Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ctx repair

mascard1

How much do you think it would cost .. to replace screen and back end of 3030( the power pod?).. Anybody know where I can get a loan on my house to pay for this?

Ouch, I bet that would hurt! T he only reason I got rid of my out of warranty 3030 was because of the screen issues, otherwise I would have kept it!

What was the problem with the CTX to begin with? Did it drown somehow?

I have two of them...one had a bad screen(was going to be water one).....My land one... the power pod on back went out(Guy at Minelab said he never saw this?)So I took the power pod off ..the one with bad screen...and put on the other one to check it...works great...so put the bad power pod on ...the bad screen one..and sent it off.......That way I have one to use and get both fixed!..........Second time had a screen go out...The power pod was almost 400.00...think he felt bad telling me this....They don't go to Kellyco...they go to Detector something?(Can't remember off hand)...I myself think the E-trac is the best park machine ever made!.......To use the 3030..I made a Ace250(just the box) with Sunray probe ...To mount to my side...So I have three tones with the probe!

mascard1 said:
I have two of them...one had a bad screen(was going to be water one).....My land one... the power pod on back went out(Guy at Minelab said he never saw this?)So I took the power pod off ..the one with bad screen...and put on the other one to check it...works great...so put the bad power pod on ...the bad screen one..and sent it off.......That way I have one to use and get both fixed!..........Second time had a screen go out...The power pod was almost 400.00...think he felt bad telling me this....They don't go to Kellyco...they go to Detector something?(Can't remember off hand)..!

Repairs go to "Detector Center" ...

mascard1 said:
I have two of them...one had a bad screen(was going to be water one).....My land one... the power pod on back went out(Guy at Minelab said he never saw this?)So I took the power pod off ..the one with bad screen...and put on the other one to check it...works great...so put the bad power pod on ...the bad screen one..and sent it off.......That way I have one to use and get both fixed!..........Second time had a screen go out...The power pod was almost 400.00...think he felt bad telling me this....They don't go to Kellyco...they go to Detector something?(Can't remember off hand)...I myself think the E-trac is the best park machine ever made!.......To use the 3030..I made a Ace250(just the box) with Sunray probe ...To mount to my side...So I have three tones with the probe!

I'll tell you what mascard1 , I'm shocked! , just shocked! , that you didn't just order the parts from Minelab's "repair it yourself" website and change the parts out yourself!!
So happy Minelab had the wonderful insight to implement such a wonderful feature for all of it's loyal customers!!!!!!

mascard1 said:
I never heard of a place to get parts or ..I would have?..I know they have a members only?

They removed the DIY verbiage last night after they bought off the mods here to delete my post with the info which made it appear as if they were actually going to sell parts to the public and have some customer service. To their credit , they at least removed their false promise.

Thanks, mascard1 for keeping us up to date with your CTX repair problem. I just can't believe how much it cost to fix it. I wish there was a way that we can buy are own parts.