Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX replacement

Capreo

Any rumours, backdoor info, or hints that minelab is at least working on a flagship replacement for the CTX? The machine has been great and opened up many areas that were hunted out. Unfortunately the power of the CTX has nearly closed up many of these areas that were once again giving up coins after its release.
It's been over 7 years now . I'd imagine there just has to be some amazing new technology they've engineered in that time .

I’ve found the same Capreo...going back and hunting places I’ve hunted with the CTX is close to futile, but the Equinox HAS extracted a few things that I hadn’t gotten before. I hate to be “that guy” but they do work well in concert. I won’t ever get to know if the Equinox could’ve found what the CTX has unless I find some ground that’s a lot like these areas that the CTX opened up, and use the Equinox as the primary machine. The CTX has a leg up with more exacting ID IMO because of the way it works, but the Equinox has been doing it’s job very well...as long as a person digs the ENTIRE upper range(coin hunting speak). Sadly, I don’t think either of these machines will make any of my places come alive in any kind of meaningful way anymore, they’re just picked out out out and out! Now it’s a game of finding ground that has anything left, while we wait for the next big leap. And no, I haven’t heard of any leaps in the works, though there very well may be! For now, with the Explorer2, CTX and EQX800, I feel I’m covered as well as I can be, considering what I do and where I do it.

A dealer I talked too said something is in the works
I don’t know the guy so I can’t say for certain
He basically said a cross between the equinox and the 3030
Maybe coming out next year
Like I said I don’t really no the guy so who knows

What we really need is people like Elon Musk, Bill gates, and Mark Zuckerburg to partner up with minelab and put their money, power, and engineering teams, towards developing new detector technology. Such a detector could probably tell you the date of a coin before you dug it up :)

Probably take the kids inheritance to pay for it to!---------
Capreo said:
What we really need is people like Elon Musk, Bill gates, and Mark Zuckerburg to partner up with minelab and put their money, power, and engineering teams, towards developing new detector technology. Such a detector could probably tell you the date of a coin before you dug it up :)

Capreo said:

ITs about market size, and metal detecting doesnt have any. We are a tiny niche of a hobby market. Nobody besides the current ACTIVE companies are sinking capital into trying to re-define what detecting technology looks like.

I think the Technology is here,but you have
To have the demand for it before someone
would invest in it.Metal detectors are not like
cellphones,everbody has one and wants one.
In my opinion the future of metal detecting
Doesn't look good.A lot of the guys I use. To
Hunt with have already have up the hobby .
But I'm going to keep on keeping on

RICK IN KY said:
I think the Technology is here,but you have
To have the demand for it before someone
would invest in it.Metal detectors are not like
cellphones,everbody has one and wants one.
In my opinion the future of metal detecting
Doesn't look good.A lot of the guys I use. To
Hunt with have already have up the hobby .
But I'm going to keep on keeping on

In my short time I can see it too Rick, some people have all but tossed in the towel. A large part of the problem isn’t TECH advancement itself, but the advancement of peoples SKILLS with the tech we currently have. You can hunt the same place the same way with the same machine and the same settings for months on end and find nothing further, OR....you can use something different and DO something different. I will say that I am a person who knows this very well first hand. But some just do what they do and when that doesn’t produce what they want anymore...they wind up at Wednesday night bingo. Today’s hunting is far from easy...anywhere. It takes absolute and complete commitment to make “an old dead site” come alive.
A few years ago a couple of local guys from a family of detectorists told me that a nearby community park was DONE...EMPTY...last silver coin was gone. At last count I’m working on number 34 from this park in three years of hunting it on and off. I could tell you what brand of machines they were using(and it’s VERY relevant IMHO) but I’m not going there. All I know is my Explorer2 proved them wrong the first day I hunted it and my CTX made it much more obvious that it indeed was NOT “done”. They went and played bingo. I’m still hunting because I did something different, albeit at a certain expense. Perhaps the tech of the future will open things up even more, but for now...getting EVERYTHING out of what is currently available will keep me busy until that time.

IDXMonster said:
In my short time I can see it too Rick, some people have all but tossed in the towel. A large part of the problem isn’t TECH advancement itself, but the advancement of peoples SKILLS with the tech we currently have. You can hunt the same place the same way with the same machine and the same settings for months on end and find nothing further, OR....you can use something different and DO something different. I will say that I am a person who knows this very well first hand. But some just do what they do and when that doesn’t produce what they want anymore...they wind up at Wednesday night bingo. Today’s hunting is far from easy...anywhere. It takes absolute and complete commitment to make “an old dead site” come alive.
A few years ago a couple of local guys from a family of detectorists told me that a nearby community park was DONE...EMPTY...last silver coin was gone. At last count I’m working on number 34 from this park in three years of hunting it on and off. I could tell you what brand of machines they were using(and it’s VERY relevant IMHO) but I’m not going there. All I know is my Explorer2 proved them wrong the first day I hunted it and my CTX made it much more obvious that it indeed was NOT “done”. They went and played bingo. I’m still hunting because I did something different, albeit at a certain expense. Perhaps the tech of the future will open things up even more, but for now...getting EVERYTHING out of what is currently available will keep me busy until that time.

Well put, IDX. :thumbup: