Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX service at the big Kco

nagov

I've used Kco for Excalibur warranty work but was surprised when I was told by the Service person (@ Minelab) that the CTX's go to Kco now for repairs... Total time from my door back to me was 12 days and that included 2 weekends. In reality, I called on Friday, the young lady asked me to hold as she went to find out about my detector and shortly came back to tell me mine was next to be serviced....that was noon on the 17th.....it was delivered to me on the 21st.
Kudos to the Service team at Kco, they repaired my problem and took care of the other minor things I pointed out as being a problem.

Cliff

nagov said:
I've used Kco for Excalibur warranty work but was surprised when I was told by the Service person (@ Minelab) that the CTX's go to Kco now for repairs... Total time from my door back to me was 12 days and that included 2 weekends. In reality, I called on Friday, the young lady asked me to hold as she went to find out about my detector and shortly came back to tell me mine was next to be serviced....that was noon on the 17th.....it was delivered to me on the 21st.
Kudos to the Service team at Kco, they repaired my problem and took care of the other minor things I pointed out as being a problem.

Cliff

Good to hear of your positive experiences. Just a couple of questions: Will they service machines that are out of Minelab warranty? Will they service machines that were purchased from other vendors?
Thanks
Chuck

Kco is now a fully authorized repair center for Minelab (and other makes of detectors) They do work on out of warranty detectors provided parts are available.

This is right off their web page: I added the bold print

Minelab Authorized Service Center: Warranty / Non-Warranty Troubleshooting, Service and Repair for the following Minelab Detectors:

•E-Trac
•Explorer Series*
•Sovereign Series*

•Excalibur Series*
•CTX-3030
•X-Terra Series

As for working on detectors from other dealers......YES, both that I have had there for repair were from other dealers!

Cliff

They worked on my Sov GT and did a great job. It really is good that they only work on a few models. It will be easier for them to know what the problems are on what they do work on. :thumbup:

Minelab isn't outsourcing, Kellyco is an authorized Minelab service center complete with pressure tank for pressure testing under water detectors, their techs are more than qualified to work on detectors, one is a retired U.S. Naval aviation maintenance officer, the other is a retired NASA space shuttle technician....

They are also authorized repair center for Nokta, First Texas and Aqua Pulse/Aqua Scan

Great news, because that's a way better turn around time than Minelab could have done.

I have talked to the folks at Kco who repair ML detectors and am convinced that they are serious and competent.

When I asked about whether ML was outsourcing CTX service, I in no way meant to imply anything negative about Kco.

What I meant to ask is exactly what I did ask, namely whether ML in Chicago was no longer doing CTX repairs in house and instead had elected to have it all done by Kco. That's what outsourcing is.

Does anybody know if this is the case?

How old was your MD ?

CMan1 said:
How old was your MD ?

Just over two years old and used an average of 30 hours a week.