Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX setting for very high mineralized soil

BetaGod

Hello guys, i'm new on CTX3030 and i'm from Italy (So excuse me for my bad english :bouncy: )
I use CTX for 1 months and, obviously, i'm not really good with it! In my city i got a really mineralized soil.. ctx suggest me to set 8 sensibility a lot of time.. So these are my settings:
Sensibility: manuale 28-30
Auto balance terrain
Coins mode 2 with sound discimination (i set 2 ferrous tone with under 23 i hear low tone or combinated mode again with under 23 FE low tone)
Sea water, recovery fast and deep all off.
I swing slowly because a lot of people tell me that multifreq metal detectors need to swing slow for do the best result (and this is not easy for me because i'm cooming from g2 and deus!!).

There is some "cheats" i can use for reach more depth? I think in a lot of terrein a can't go more then 6inch for a coin.. and is a little bit frustrating!
I hope someone can help me.. so thank you :cheers:

May consider dropping sensitivity to 22-24 manual. And run in combined mode using Ground Coin with mostly open screen. Sounds like you have some tough soil. You also might consider
performing manual ground balance.

Why 22-24 and not 28-30? I got no false signal at 30! I see some more stable signal in ferrous-coin better then ground-coin but i see a lot of "no sound" signal..
For the discrmination tone line how can i set it? 23 is good? Soil can lower the signal so i need to set something like 28/29 for low tone?
I'm really afraid about ctx.. a really beast in sea (and here the sea is very very rich of salt) but not really performance in high mineralized soil.. i think i'll go to buy another metal detector for earth and use CTX in water.. :(

If you run sensitivity too hot all that mineralization will affect the depth. Like driving with high beams on in the fog it don't work but by going to AUTO+3 and let the machine sense where it wants to run in that mineralization it's better.
Also make sure you have the ground balance disabled I remember reading to leave it in the factory ground mode and let it set the ground reading at what it sees under the coil automatically. There is a ground button on the face if I remember right to enable or disable the manual modes of ground balancing that you don't wan to do. Let the machine see the ground while sweeping the coin and after a few passes it runs the ground where it wants to on it's own from then on.
Try running in HIGH TRASH mode also, the good targets give the signal even if they are near a bad target and or are the weaker of the 2 targets. Also Fast on helps to reset the machine's processor it turns off some filters. Deep on turns ON filters and slows the processing down some.

Don't give up on it yet. Experiment more and study all the settings and try them.

I'll try you suggest next time.. i'm so curious about +3 sensibility.. in a lot of soil with auto +3 i got 16/17 sensibility.. you think is better then 28-30 in manual? I don't understand but i want to try :D

In my soil here in the Adirondacks in upstate New York that is what my sensitivity readings run at usually 16-18 with a high of maybe 19-21 sometimes. This is what the machine thinks is best for that particular soil mineralization from it's three channel sampling. Yes you could run in manual maybe 22-24 but I wouldn't go much higher as it will make the machine run worse off and or not respond to targets as well. You can onlym run any machine just so hot and it starts to work against you after that with more falsing and erroneous readings and such.