Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Settings????

mickfin

So Sea water is post to work on the Wet Beach???? But not Dry??? But is it beneficial on Hi mineralized Ground found wen turf Hunting???
I know these are recovery settings ( Low Trash / High Trash / Ferrous-coin / Ground-coin , Can someone come in and tell me Just what thy do?? and the
situations thy would be used in, This is a Great learning fourm I Love are E-Family, Thank You Mickfin,

Here is the link to a TT blog post I made last June, regarding the various Target Separations..... http://www.minelab.com/usa/treasure-talk/ctx-3030-target-separation-more-than-a-random-choice

The link Digger posted above tells you all you really need to know and when to try the different settings. In my moderate soil in central Mississippi I do not see a big change in most settings. I will frequently find what am pretty confident to be a deep coin, I will then jump between settings trying to discern a difference. Typically I see slight changes in VDI stability if anything, but mind you this is in good soil. I am confident in heavier mineralization or trash you would see an improvement.

One tip I picked up is to set the User Button as "last mode" then you can set up two completely different modes and with the push of a button jump back and forth. I do this all the time as a learning tool. If I am coin hunting I might be using my own modified coin program and the on the previous mode button I might have the silver mode with different filters allowing for a quick comparison. Or you can simply use the same program with just a filter change, once again being able to instantly jump to the change can help you see differences with ease.

HH, good luck.
Robert