Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX Speaker Volume Problem

pspr

After spending a few hours wading at a fresh water lake a few days ago my speaker volume has all but vanished. I've got Gain maxed at 30 and Volume Limit maxed at 30 and I've turned off wireless. Still I can only faintly hear my detector speaker if I'm at quietly sitting at home. Even the error beeps when I try to scroll too far in a menu are just barely audible in a quiet indoor setting. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Threshold is at 34 and Threshold pitch is 16. But that shouldn't affect power on sounds and other sounds which are also barely audible.

I might have misread your issue. Are you talking about, loudness/or lack of, a target "hit" or the background hummm with no target under the coil?

Plug a set of headphones onto the CTX and see if the audio is good with them. The threshold and volume settings can be set for each of the 4 methods of listening. When you change a method of listening (from headphones to speaker, etc.) that setting will automatically change to the setting saved for that particular listening device.

I'm talking about lack of volume for every sound. Even the little tune that plays when you power up is barely audible. The speaker just seems to have almost zero volume now.

I thought I might have been able to help with your question, but it doesn't appear to be what I was thinking......

I've done a "reset settings" and then a "reset all" and it didn't help. Unless someone has another idea I guess I need to call Minelab on Monday.

I got one coming hope I don't have any issues as I was thinking about waiting ,But took the plunge. Hope I didn't jump the gun before the bugs were worked out. I figured it would be O.K. since I had my E-trac since first month out with out any issue's. One good thing though is I only live 15 minutes from the repair center.

I had a very low volume from the speaker also,right from day one. Sent my machine to Minelab mid last week and they told me Friday they are sending me a replacement. Can't wait to get a new machine in my hands.....

I think that is what I'm going to have to do. Did they have you send in the entire machine and components or just the upper arm with the electronics?

He said a replacement... I assumed a whole new machine, perhaps like you say the upper arm/components though... I just want to be out detecting...

If you sent them the entire package they are probably sending you an entire new one. After all, it is within 30 days of purchase and an entire replacement is in order.

That sounds good to me...

I talked to Nadia at Minelab this morning. (She sounds sweet) She emailed a shipping label to me and had me pack up the entire unit and ship it to Minelab America. I asked if it would be replaced and she said it would be evaluated and determined when they receive the detector. They would be in touch.

So, no CTX for a couple weeks. It's too darn hot here anyway except in the water. It's supposed to be 102 here today.

I had the volume problem also. I sent mine in last Monday the 18th, Minelab received it Wednesday 20th and they shipped out a replacement unit on Saturday the 23rd and it should arrive at my doorstep on Wednesday the 27th... Not bad at all, Thanks Minelab!

Killmerg said:
I had the volume problem also. I sent mine in last Monday the 18th, Minelab received it Wednesday 20th and they shipped out a replacement unit on Saturday the 23rd and it should arrive at my doorstep on Wednesday the 27th... Not bad at all, Thanks Minelab!

That's not bad. I just checked the UPS site for travel time from here to Chicago and it says just 2 days also. So, I should be in the same situation and have mine back by Wednesday next week.

Minelab must be selling CTX's like hotcakes! I just got a message from Brian at Minelab that they received my CTX today and will ship me a new one as soon as they get some more in. Hopefully in a few days, he says. I just hope his idea of a few days is 2 or 3 and not 10 to 20. :cry:

Ouch! I hope so too....