Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX SunRay Pro Gold Headphones Troubleshooting

flysar

Attached them to my Makro Gold Racer and Tesoro Silver and didn't hear a peep from HPs or detector regardless of switch position.
Hooked up to CTX I get no sound from the HPs but hear tones outside HPs regardless of switch position. Worked great last week.
Any idea what switch may be bad and where to get parts?
All wires are connected.

I believe they do but thought I'd check here to see if some had an idea how & what to check. Maybe a quick/simple fix instead of downtime and having to use my waterproof phones for CTX.
I'll call them Monday.

That makes sense...from what I understand...the same guy makes Sunray headphones and Killer Bs. That’s what I understand. True or not,don’t know. But if it is,the Killer Bs fail right where the cord goes into the headphones with the internal wire(s) breaking so even on inspection,it won’t show itself. John will get it sorted out for you.

The weak spot on these otherwise awesome headphones is the 90 degree 1/4" jack. They go bad. Its just that simple. I have replaced the 1/4" jack on 2 of my 3 SunRay Pro Golds and they work great. Make sure you buy a good quality jack or you will just end up replacing it again.

mrsspk said:
The weak spot on these otherwise awesome headphones is the 90 degree 1/4" jack. They go bad. Its just that simple. I have replaced the 1/4" jack on 2 of my 3 SunRay Pro Golds and they work great. Make sure you buy a good quality jack or you will just end up replacing it again.

The plug makes sense.
The CTX will emit tones from the speaker unless the HPs are compatible and on other units as soon as a 1/4" plug goes in the speaker quits working.
Thanks

Isn’t there an adapter 1/4” plug that you can buy that reverses a couple wires that allows the headphones that don’t shut off the external speaker to work and shut off the speakers?
What’s it called and we’re to buy ?
BT

You are right Ben it's called a 1/4" mono to stereo adaptor. Tom
Ben Town said:
Isn’t there an adapter 1/4” plug that you can buy that reverses a couple wires that allows the headphones that don’t shut off the external speaker to work and shut off the speakers?
What’s it called and we’re to buy ?
BT

Bad plug connector. Repaired this morning.
Got authorization from repair facility to cut plug off to test while still retaining the limited lifetime warranty in case I needed to send them in for a bad switch.
Thanks all for the comments & HH

mrsspk said:

I've also had this happen several times. Not a connector issue but the wires in the cable breaking or pulling loose to where they were soldered onto the 90 degree connector. Last time I also replaced the cable with a slightly longer version and my own 90 degree solder on connector and no problems since then.