Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ctx trouble

teleman2525

took my ctx out to local park for a little good detecting time hunted about an hour till trouble hit.i got a no coil detected message, checked all connections put it back together seemed to work fine set it on the groud to dig a target filled my hole got up no coil detected. every time I moved the coil it would come and go short at the coil now got to send in for repair .ive also had water in battery one time just a bit but had to clean green off all connections but all said I do still love this detector will hate the down time . now to pick my se pro or my at pro. both great back ups

I think its just the coil do you have another coil . All you have to do is call minelab and they well send a new coil and you put the old coil in the box it came in and ship it back .sube

my thought also bad coil calling minelab asp in the moring just got done prepin my se pro for tommower and getting me used to it again will miss my ctx as I only have one coil for it

The dreaded "coil not detected" message.

I had the same problem and sent my coil back to Minelab. I had called first to get a RMA number. When I spoke with them I was told it was back ordered from Australia. Seems they are getting a lot of returns on this coil. I was lucky in that one of the guys in my club had 2 17" loops and that him and his wife don't end up using the at the same time. He sold me the one that was still new in the box. Since I put on the 17" loop I picked up a 1782 One Real, nice 1846 large cent, 1888 Seated Dime, Barber dime, 9 Mercs and a bunch of other silver. Wish the old loop had broke sooner : )

Ok, dont get me wrong i love this detector, the fast recovery speed,,much more stable then my etrac,,combine mode,waterproof etc etc i think it is an awsome machine but man... so many trouble. Since i own the detector (2 years) i had water in the battery box, water Under the screen, coil not detected, shaft wobble. Every time minelab took care of the problem (i had to pay the shipping to send back the detector because i live in canada and i have purchased my ctx from a united states seller) but i have already lost a lot of detecting time in the process. I am huntig 6 month a years (summer time) 1-2 time a week and i think it is not normal to have so many problem with a 2000$+ detector, now i am very anxious about what could happen after the 3 years warranty...

Ben