Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX users in VA or similar location

jtram

A friend of mine has family in VA and was wanting to take his CTX to relic hunt. Was wondering if anyone there has been using the CTX to hunt relics in VA or similar soil. Was wondering if someone would care to share their settings for hunting in similar ground conditions.

FC or GC TTF or what sound discrimination and where is the ferrous line set. More than likely he will be hunting with an open screen like we always do

Thanks & HH
Jim

Jim, Virginia is a big place. Can you tell us what County or name of the area? I live between Richmond and Petersburg and the ground it good in that area so my machine runs great and goes really deep. If you go to Orange county area they have really nasty ground and most machines besides pulse detectors have a hard time.

My last hunt I was using deep on, 35 FE and was able to set my sensitivity from 28-30 depending on area and time of day. Dug a measured 16" minnie ball.

For me and my area manual sensitivity always wins out, some guys like Auto +3 for stability but you will lose some depth in good ground,

I talked to a dealer that used one up in the bad ground and he did well with it for that area and a VLF machine.

Let us know where they are going and if bad soil I am sure there are some guys that have hunted bad ground already, I just have not.

Jerry

Thanks for the reply Jerry. I don't know what county but he said from a previous trip the detector was having a hard time. So it may be in the area you mentioned. He wants me to go with him and I don't know that I can but if I did was hoping to have a game plan before we got there.

Jim, can you find out where? One or more of the dealers have been to the bad ground areas and tried the CTX out there. I am sure there must be some other guys that use them there?

I think everyone must be on vacation since I posted a question about seawater settings and not one reply?

The CTX will never work like a pulse in those areas but I feel it will be respectable.

I hunted up there one time and there was a guy with the explorer 2 and he was kicking butt even in bad soil and I couldn't do squat with my explorer xs since I am used to very mild ground.

For example here I use Ferrous tones and up there set that way when you swept the coil you got a steady iron reading since the soil is so bad.

Hope someone will chime in and that you can get us a rough location so we'll know if we can help.

ve used my CTX in places where I live in TN I have hunted in VA and KY and SC places my AT Pro and SE Pro could not hunt the CTX could in ground coin with manual Ground balance no it is not a pulse but with some tweeks it will hunt where other cannot