Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX-WOW

trachunter

The CTX is something else. The ground is frozen now but I was able to get out three times for about 5 hrs. Compared to the Etrac, it

Welcome aboard. You will find lots of great tip here from many seasoned users

Welcome, my advice would be to pick an area work it in all directions and slow down. A good target can be heard in one direction and not another. I have found many gold rings on the beach that way, coins can do the same thing. Dig iffy targets, they can surprise and reward you. The gone hunting program is a great start, once you understand your CTX then start tweaking your settings for more depth and finding good targets in iron infested areas. I have pulled a many of silver coins from iron infested areas with my CTX, My very good friend Peggy H. can vouch for me she has seen me get a small silver earring and silver dime out of an area that has bolt size iron. So read all the post you can and everyone will help you if you ask, Gene

The ring master is above me. Glad you like the Ctx been alot of haters latey. I figure the more haters the more we likers will find.

Yes that's what I have been noticing, but some people expect the machine to do miracles right off, but it doesn't work that way. If you don't learn the CTX or any machine you will fail and want to sell it. The CTX can give you lots of great finds, just look at my past posts, but the user has to tell it how to operate correctly. That means learning it's ever capability, it's do's and don'ts, and slow down.

very true take the time to learn what the ctx is telling you and you will do well gl and hh

G. E. Edwards said:
Welcome, my advice would be to pick an area work it in all directions and slow down. A good target can be heard in one direction and not another. I have found many gold rings on the beach that way, coins can do the same thing. Dig iffy targets, they can surprise and reward you. The gone hunting program is a great start, once you understand your CTX then start tweaking your settings for more depth and finding good targets in iron infested areas. I have pulled a many of silver coins from iron infested areas with my CTX, My very good friend Peggy H. can vouch for me she has seen me get a small silver earring and silver dime out of an area that has bolt size iron. So read all the post you can and everyone will help you if you ask, Gene

Gene,

Do you use Gone Hunting program for the beach?

No I don't use it anymore, I just used it to get to knowing the machine, then I built my own programs right on the machine, I never used the exchange 2 to build any of my programs. If I loose them by chance, I know them by heart. And again I took the time to learn the CTX, and it's setting. Read the manual at least a dozen times till I understood what it was telling me about each setting. My success is due to slowing down and working an area back and forth till I find a good target which I know is there but hiding in the iron and junk.

G. E. Edwards said:
No I don't use it anymore, I just used it to get to knowing the machine, then I built my own programs right on the machine, I never used the exchange 2 to build any of my programs. If I loose them by chance, I know them by heart. And again I took the time to learn the CTX, and it's setting. Read the manual at least a dozen times till I understood what it was telling me about each setting. My success is due to slowing down and working an area back and forth till I find a good target which I know is there but hiding in the iron and junk.

Very good advice and I know you are most correct. I have done all the requisite reading, however, I am still learning the language. Once this is accomplished, I'm sure my success rate will go up accordingly. Just like any other machine, one must learn its' language before reacting to every little beep and squeak. I may be an old dog, but, this CTX is teaching me some new tricks, for sure!!

Every good target I've dug using the CTX hit hard. I've dug lots of faint sounds hoping for a surprise but have been disappointed. I've hunted more this year than any other due to retirement. I've been using the smooth tones lately and it seems my deep targets have increased.

I sure enjoy everyone sharing their tips on this forum, the real world experiences with the CTX are much appreciated.

HH

PMonday said:
Every good target I've dug using the CTX hit hard. I've dug lots of faint sounds hoping for a surprise but have been disappointed. I've hunted more this year than any other due to retirement. I've been using the smooth tones lately and it seems my deep targets have increased.

I sure enjoy everyone sharing their tips on this forum, the real world experiences with the CTX are much appreciated.

HH

Same here, all targets so far that had an unstable tone(s) have not been "keepers". I have noticed if the tone is a good strong solid one, no matter the ID it may be good. I have had hoop earrings come in at some pretty strange numbers but they were all solid tones.

PMonday said:

HH

Thanks. When I finally get out again I'll have to try the smooth tones.

DaytonaGold said:
Same here, all targets so far that had an unstable tone(s) have not been "keepers". I have noticed if the tone is a good strong solid one, no matter the ID it may be good. I have had hoop earrings come in at some pretty strange numbers but they were all solid tones.

I tend to use the ID #s more than the tones. Looks like I may have to change my detecting habit and start noticing the kind of tone. Thanks

G. E. Edwards said:

I didn't dig too many "iffy" targets with the E Trac, now that I have a machine that is better at separation, I will have to pay attention to those types of signals. Thanks.

IMHO, even though the CTX has some of the best discrimination patterns available, and I've pretty much tried them all, I have come to the conclusion that a mostly open screen with minimal discrimination has proven the best for me. Gonehunting's patterns examples of mostly open screens. Also, cranking up the sensitivity too high tended to give me a lot of falling so I now use plain Auto. I really runs smooth with minimal falsing and I get good depth for the areas that I hunt.
HH
Chuck

I live in southern California, so as you know i'm a beach hunter. Auto is not an option at all, GB works well here in the wet salt sand, but not worth fooling with every so many feet. I just do a noise cancel and let the ctx do it's thing. I can run around 22 to 26 here in the wet sand, some places 30 but not to many. Auto will drop to as low as 2 or 3 so not an option. As for solid hits, yes in the dry sand, but for me in this heavy black wet sand, plus lots of nails, bolts and salt solid hits are few. Finding a silver coin in that kind of area is a real challenge, any solid hits are very shallow 2 to 4 inches after that the heavy black sand and iron cause the iffy good signal sounds.