Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX WOW!

thE-TRACker

The capabilities of this detector are amazing ! I recently posted finding 4 gold rings on a section of beach I had found . After a couple of days of not being able to detect I was finally able to get back to that beach ...only to find another detector in full grid mode using an Excaliber. As I watched from some distance I saw he was leaving so I decided to see if my CTX with a 17" coil could find any leftovers .After about 20 minutes I heard that beautiful 12-07 growl . This turned out to be a nice 2.2g 10k ring at about 8 ".Had to head off to work after that but would be able to return Sat. morning . Saturday morning saw high tides and unfavorable conditions but I decided to give it an hour . Soon I heard a 12-15 pull tab but could hear a 12-03 right next to it . At about 6 " I found a tiny .5 gram diamond ring and a pull tab ! This with a 17" coil ! All I could say was " WOW" !

Yep. Yesterday I pulled a Washington quarter at about 9" usinf the 17" coil. No sound but the 12-48 flashed for a second. The ground was very dark, muck like. My friends GTI 2500 could not pull it. Ditto with the DFX.
Go as slow as your patience will allow and you will find more.

Those of us that have had this detector from the start Know what your talking about . I for one have had that wow moment countless times and you will to would I go back to a explore not in a million years it's that good .The only way to know how good it is is using it . By the way great save on the ring :thumbup: sube

Congrats :thumbup: An keep it up!! "Nice Rings" Even though I don't hunt for rings I guess I should start
paying attention to all those low conductors that are locking on that I just walk by.

chaching! nice one!

Very nice. I do love my 17 inch coil...

tcornel said:
Yep. Yesterday I pulled a Washington quarter at about 9" usinf the 17" coil. No sound but the 12-48 flashed for a second. The ground was very dark, muck like. My friends GTI 2500 could not pull it. Ditto with the DFX.
Go as slow as your patience will allow and you will find more.

I really surprised that you didnt get a sound. I have pulled steady tones from 12" deep quarters. I realize that soil matrix makes a lot of difference, that's a lot of difference.

Dark, muck, mineralized soil. Readings were all off. Former golf course (90+ years)so lots of fertilizer. Also stunk to high heaven from being down hill from an old leach bed. I pulled another one up the hill about 400 feet away and it rang loud and clear.

It was at an angle. I went real slow in that area and got a Rosie and Merc. This is an area my friends and I had covered several times before with a normal sweep with no results.

The 3030 is amazing as in other parts of the permission I was pulling partial beaver tail pull tabs less than a dime in size at 8-9 inches.

Glad that you have figured out how to get the deep coins where they were missed before. That is the name of the game today, since there is almost no virgin ground left

Awesome finds!! The CTX 3030 is an amazing machine, that can pick right through the trash and find the "goodies"!! I use my 6" coil in very trashy areas, that have provided some great results! Congrats my friend!!

Back to the same place today. About 20 feet from where I parked out popped a 1908d Barber quarter. About 3 hours later a Rosie. Strange site in that sensitivity (auto 3) can run form 16 to 28 in the space of a couple hundred feet. I have to ground balance a couple times and ditto with noise cancel.

Maybe the dirt has been moved around due to renovations to the golf course over the last hundred years.

So far a no date large cent, 1929 half cent, barber quarter and several barber dimes, a couple SLQ and over a couple dozen mercs and rosies. Several ball mark fixers and a couple ens of clubs. Strange that no rings and I have taken to running open screen thinking I am missing something.

The site is about 85 acres so I could be there awhile.

tcornel said:
Back to the same place today. About 20 feet from where I parked out popped a 1908d Barber quarter. About 3 hours later a Rosie. Strange site in that sensitivity (auto 3) can run form 16 to 28 in the space of a couple hundred feet. I have to ground balance a couple times and ditto with noise cancel.

Maybe the dirt has been moved around due to renovations to the golf course over the last hundred years.

So far a no date large cent, 1929 half cent, barber quarter and several barber dimes, a couple SLQ and over a couple dozen mercs and rosies. Several ball mark fixers and a couple ens of clubs. Strange that no rings and I have taken to running open screen thinking I am missing something.

The site is about 85 acres so I could be there awhile.

PLease stop ground balancing. Unless your auto sensitivity is staying in the single digits, you DO NOT NEED to ground balance, and GB will reduce your finds if you use it when you don't need it.

The CTX is not like any other type of metal detector made. It is not a "normal" VLF detector and it does not look at the ground like one either. It operates much more like a PI than a VLF.