Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX3030 deluxe carry bag

Overvoltage

Is the CTX3030 deluxe carry bag big enough to hold the CTX with the 17 inch coil attached? Is there enough room to hold headphones and other coils (6 inch and 11 inch)?

The pocket will hold the 11 inch coil, but it will not zip. good planning? The 17 inch coil is too big for it to be mounted on the detector. The 6 inch coil fits just fine in the pocket or on the detector.

The bag is still too small, IMHO. I wish ML would make a bag with a pocket large enough to hold both headhpones (land and water), WM10, Alki pack and charger. All I can get in mine is the headphones and WM10.

At this point I would not get the CTX3030 deluxe carry bag as I have no evidence that it is large enough to hold the CTX equipment properly.

Hey guys, I answered the same question back when I had My EXP11. Go look at the baseball equipment bags on ebay or your favorite discount sporting goods store. I still carry mine in a Rawlings bag that has more room and pockets than any detector bag. Not to mention they usually cost a lot less. Also with the outside branding as baseball equipment your detector would probably be a bit safer from theft. I am getting a new ctx3030 and will get a new baseball bag for it. The long pocket for bats is perfect for coils with arms attached.

I gave up on the endless searching for a prefabbed bag that "might" fit the CTX, accessories and other gear with any reasonable fit and finish.
Looked hard at bow bags, gun bags, baseball bags, tacktical bags, luggage bags.....etc.... Nothing was worthy! :ranting:

Screw it!

Instead, I'm currently having one custom made right now to my specs to fit the CTX, with the 17" still mounted.
It will have outside pillow/bubble style zip pockets to put stuff in, and MOLLE type strips on the inside to secure my other coils, pinpointer, Lesche and other stuff to.

I have the old bag and it fits fine, I would only imagine that the new one isn't any smaller.

Along with the topic of theft, I am thinking that I might take my bag and run it over a few times until it looks ratty and unappealing. What do you guys think? How do you avoid theft?

INSAY...Can you post some pics and dimensions of your bag when it gets finished? I would love to see what you came up with.

Overvoltage said:
INSAY...Can you post some pics and dimensions of your bag when it gets finished? I would love to see what you came up with.

I certainly would when I get it, but my post will probably get deleted due to the vendor sewing it up for me isn't a sponsor here. :wacko:

Dont advertise, just post a picture and dimensions.

I transport the CTX in the Minelab bag in the rear of my hatchback. It works very well for that. I just need to protect the screen and keep digging tools from leaving their mark. I also have a back pack that I keep the other stuff in. Pin Pointer, Headphones, Knee Pads, Spare coils ....what ever. I don't need the detector bag to hold a bunch of items. In fact I think the idea of the detector bag is to keep the detector separated from other things that could make gouges.

I hate to even say this but...I use a whites bag that holds the detector, and coil, and has a great pocket on the side. How the Bag ever was made big enough I don't know as Ive had it for 8 years at least. The only problem I have is that it has handles only and no strap attatchment to go over my neck.
But hey, maybe no one will want to steal it...... JOKE JOKE JOKE I love Whites that is before I got my Minelabs.

Hope I don't get boosted for that joke.

The padded Garrett bag fits the CTX3030 with the standard coil attached. Has handles and backpack straps as well. I carry the detector in the bag on the train. When I get to the beach, I remove the detector from the bag, fold it into 3rds, put a luggage strap around it to hold it in place and wear it like a backpack while detecting. Works great here in Japan.

Got the custom made CTX bag I designed last month in the mail this morning, and took some pics for those that expressed interest in it.

It fits with the 17" installed, along with my 6", and 11" coils strapped to the Molle with One Wrap Velcro to the inside back panel.

The Garrett finds pouch, Lesche tool, my primary ProPointer, and knee pad fit in the center pocket.
Headphones fit perfectly in one of the smaller outside pockets.

With the Molle strips inside, I can attach my spare ProPointer, WM10, camera case, and other odds and ends like a screwdriver/probe or additional bags.

To keep from getting this deleted, please don't ask who made it. He is not currently a supporting vendor for Findmall, as he primarily makes stuff for overland motorcycle gear, and this is the first metal detector related item he has made.

That is a nice bag. You can grab and go. But I always thought the purpose of a detecting bag was to protect the detector from other gear. You put all the other gear right in there with the detector and the screen.

goodmore said:
That is a nice bag. You can grab and go. But I always thought the purpose of a detecting bag was to protect the detector from other gear. You put all the other gear right in there with the detector and the screen.

If you look closely, everything it strapped down or clipped in place and not going to touch the screen. All the dirty, scratchy stuff is in the outside pocket.

On a side note, I think of a carry bag as an actual carry bag to get all the essentials of a days hunt to the hunt. I don't like a lot of loose stuff in the trunk of the car, rather all in one place.