Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX3030 headphones question

konas62

Hi, just got my CTX couple of weeks ago and on one of my recent hunts I ran out of juice on the WM10 wireless module so I just plugged my Sun ray pro gold headphones directly into the port on top, the headphones worked but the machine speaker was also on, is there any remedy for this or these aro not compatible with the machine for direct pluig in (I dont like the Koss headphones as they keep slipping of my head all the time).
Just did a little research and one website recommends to get 1/4" mono to stereo jack to eliminate the issue, is that correct??
I want to make sure I am not missing any settings but read the manual and nothing on the issue popped out.

Any info would be appreciated (we are aslo going to Andy's bootcamp this weekend so I might get some answers there)

Thanks, Cheers

konas62 said:
Hi, just got my CTX couple of weeks ago and on one of my recent hunts I ran out of juice on the WM10 wireless module so I just plugged my Sun ray pro gold headphones directly into the port on top, the headphones worked but the machine speaker was also on, is there any remedy for this or these aro not compatible with the machine for direct pluig in (I dont like the Koss headphones as they keep slipping of my head all the time).
Just did a little research and one website recommends to get 1/4" mono to stereo jack to eliminate the issue, is that correct??
I want to make sure I am not missing any settings but read the manual and nothing on the issue popped out.

Any info would be appreciated (we are aslo going to Andy's bootcamp this weekend so I might get some answers there)

Thanks, Cheers

What you observed, and surmised is correct. (And I'm sure you'll also get lot's of good info at the bootcamp.)

Here's a link to a minelab doc explaining in greater detail just what is required for that adapter;
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/CTX-3030-Audio-Options-KBA_21-2.pdf

HH,
mike

konas62 said:

Thanks, Cheers

What you observed, and surmised is correct. (And I'm sure you'll also get lots of good info at the bootcamp.)

Here's a link to a minelab doc explaining in greater detail just what is required for that adapter;
http://www.minelab.com/__files/f/93182/CTX-3030-Audio-Options-KBA_21-2.pdf

HH,
mike

There is another option listed in the CTX 3030 Resource Center, which can be accessed through the small banner near the top of this forum.

Here is a direct link to that post I made in June of 2012. http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1729960,1729960#msg-1729960

HH Randy

Thank you sir, now I am looking for an adapter just for a back up as I almost always use the wireless module, butr you never know when it will go dead....

Cheers

I bought the Sony Ear Loops #MDR AS400EX with adjustable ear loop for my Safari.
I tried them yesterday at the beach with my CTX3030 and they worked fine. The only
thing is due to the shape of my inner left ear, it is hard for me to hear the humm of the
threshold but I can hear it. They stay put and I drape the cord over my right shoulder
and had no issues with that getting in the way. Very light and Very cool. Does not
cause the sweat problem over the ear phones do. Had to buy a 1/4" adapter though.
Got them at Wal-Mart and was not expensive.