Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX3030 map question

pulltabfelix

I am assuming that when you mark your finds it is only as accurate as commercial GPS which means within 15 feet accuracy.

Is this a correct assumption?

I never found the gps useful at all.

I think accuracy of the gps would depend upon a lot of factors, but that's probably as good as I ever got.

I use the GPS a lot . I have one large field and I record my track and save . Also have marked finds and things on the ground and it will get you back to that spot.
Its great if you want to mark a place to restart a days hunt and mark property lines.
‘It works I’m sure there’s something more accurate but as long as it’s there might as well use it
BT

I think I will eventually use it. I currently use historic aerials and google earth to verify my research and identify where the current position to hunt based on my research. I use Goggle Earth pins to mark locations. If it is not too difficult I will use the map features to transfer where I have hunted to my google earth overlays. I just wonder how complex of a procedure that is with the ctx mapping features.

My understanding of over the counter gps units is that their accuracy is good to 3 meters. I can see if you’re out in some large field and start making finds then one might want to mark and record. We’ve all found a spot and next weekend couldnt it again to save our souls. Dont think I would use it for the average size park or sports field as to many visual markers to return to. Its a good idea but how much more money did you pay for a feature you might only use once or twice???

My understanding of over the counter gps units is that their accuracy is good to 3 meters. I can see if you’re out in some large field and start making finds then one might want to mark and record. We’ve all found a spot and next weekend couldnt it again to save our souls. Dont think I would use it for the average size park or sports field as to many visual markers to return to. Its a good idea but how much more money did you pay for a feature you might only use once or twice???
I got an etrex.....ron is right.....3 meters id as close as it gets !

I got an etrex.....ron is right.....3 meters id as close as it gets !
Second that. I can mark a findpoint with the CTX and walk away, then walk right back onto the spot and the target will be within 4-ish feet of the original marking. I won’t lie, with “Enhanced“ on, my CTX is VERY accurate. I believe it depends where you live and how many satellites you have working for you. Mine is usually at LEAST as accurate as 8-9’. When you think about it….that’s amazing.