Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX3030 - teaser pictures...

Eddy Current

Hi guys,
here are some more teasers...

[size=small]click to enlarge[/size]

--Eddy C.

Zoom in on that 2nd picture. The pinpoint "trigger" looks more like a button but it's hard to see.

earthmansurfer said:
Zoom in on that 2nd picture. The pinpoint "trigger" looks more like a button but it's hard to see.

you're right, earthmansurfer
it does look like a button...

ctx3030teaser2pinpoint.jpg

--Eddy C.

Eddy, now watch the video and let me ask you this: On the scene where the Fe CO screen is showing, why is his thumb moving so fast? He can't even touch that button with his thumb? Looks like acting and a bit of a riddle on Minelab's part.

LOL

How are we doing Minelab?

Think so too...

Rubbercoated button..

And if i was a Viper i would crawl away fast or maybe they will challenge it.

Yes it is a button and controls like different things on the detector.... like pinpoint.... good eye !!!!

No riddle.

His thumb is moving cause he press the trigger with the middle of his index finger.

Its a reflex in opposite direction as the indexfinger.

How much for the girl? :crylol:

As another poster said elsewhere, the Balance Looks PERFECT. All the weight appears to be on the elbow. Good job Minelab...

I have a couple? Looks like in no way are the headphones water proof. Also looking at the set up of the detector I don't see a way the coil could be changed may be wrong on that I am sure I am. Would not make any sense not to be able to change coils but the Excalibur you can't. Sure minelab would want to be able to sell extra coils. What do you guys think. Hoping there is a way to attach waterproof hard wired head phones the set up you see here no way you are going to be able to use in the ocean the head phones would be ruined or gone the first wave that hit you.

Jason

Jason, Look at this blow up of the back. that almost looks like a cable coming up and out (on the right) and then plugging in. Weird connector if that is what it is...
I am sure the machine will take other coils.

btw - You can clearly see the pinpoint button (not trigger) and it looks like it has a rubber cover or seal.

Albert

I would think that they would have more coils available or in the works. A larger coil for more coverage and a smaller one that would be of use if not just for more seperation but for hunting in wooded areas. The Pro Coil is sometimes just too large in size to manipulate around a cellar hole area.

The testers are saying this is the true future of detecting !!!!!

I am pretty sure that cable is the main datacable for communication between the display and the rear brain.

The waterproofing makes it look odd..

That cap with the cable attached to it on the back next to the button looks to be the waterproof usb connector cover.

earthmansurfer said:
Jason, Look at this blow up of the back. that almost looks like a cable coming up and out (on the right) and then plugging in. Weird connector if that is what it is...
I am sure the machine will take other coils.

btw - You can clearly see the pinpoint button (not trigger) and it looks like it has a rubber cover or seal.

Albert

Don't think that is a coil connection head phone maybe but to get a coil wire threaded through the handel would be all but impossible. Do hope there is a way to attach waterproof head phones if not that will be a big downfall. The video shows no headphones used in the water. If there is no way to use headphones in the water why make it water proof. I am looking at getting one price and function will decide works good and under $2000 would make me think hard about it. I still don't under stand the marketing on this release a new detector wait for info then wait to buy. Yea it creates hype but also creates a lot of speculation and turns a lot of folks off. Why not say here it is here is the price now come and buy them. Maybe they are watching to see reaction befor they set a price. We will see how it turns out soon. Minelab has not came up with any thing really new in a while FBS is about it change the display around a bit say it is faster that is about it so far. Hope this really is the future and not a bunch of hype smoke and mirrors.

Jason