Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CTX3030 - teaser pictures...

It seems that in the second picture the man is seen pointing out Sasquatch hiding in the woods. Also the girls appears to be single.

Hope they don't get a good signal...no digging tool or pouch to put finds in.

Jason in TN said:
earthmansurfer said:
Jason, Look at this blow up of the back. that almost looks like a cable coming up and out (on the right) and then plugging in. Weird connector if that is what it is...
I am sure the machine will take other coils.

btw - You can clearly see the pinpoint button (not trigger) and it looks like it has a rubber cover or seal.

Albert

Don't think that is a coil connection head phone maybe but to get a coil wire threaded through the handel would be all but impossible. Do hope there is a way to attach waterproof head phones if not that will be a big downfall. The video shows no headphones used in the water. If there is no way to use headphones in the water why make it water proof. I am looking at getting one price and function will decide works good and under $2000 would make me think hard about it. I still don't under stand the marketing on this release a new detector wait for info then wait to buy. Yea it creates hype but also creates a lot of speculation and turns a lot of folks off. Why not say here it is here is the price now come and buy them. Maybe they are watching to see reaction befor they set a price. We will see how it turns out soon. Minelab has not came up with any thing really new in a while FBS is about it change the display around a bit say it is faster that is about it so far. Hope this really is the future and not a bunch of hype smoke and mirrors.

Jason

I have wondered about the marketing angle and I came up with this: Few are expecting some breakthrough in technology and most are complaining about the price rumors. Well, what if the price is where they say it's at ($2500 or so) but what if it is a major technological breakthrough? That PI combo feature the patent hints at could warrant the cost. Then it all makes sense. If there isn't some big breakthrough, in this economic climate Minelab is going to have problems selling many of these. We'll see but Minelab sure has innovated in the past but the improvements from machine to machine haven't been great, I mean some people prefer Explorer SE's over E-Tracs, etc. This might be the next jump though...

They are only locating and plotting targets through GPS to be recovered later by low cost labor. :rofl:

If you look at the control panel it has a pinpoint button

spoonmann8 said:
If you look at the control panel it has a pinpoint button

That button off to the right with red on it looks like it's a part of the GPS system and others have commented on that.

Of the buttons in the center nothing looks like a pinpoint button. Plus, there clearly is a button on the back for your finger (like a trigger sort of) but that doesn't rule out another pinpoint button if it isn't that.

earthmansurfer said:
[...] there clearly is a button on the back for your finger (like a trigger sort of) but that doesn't rule out another pinpoint button if it isn't that.

some more (albeit not very clear) details...

--Eddy C.

[attachment 232228 minelab_ctx_3030_full.jpg] [attachment 232229 minelab_ctx_3030_detail.jpg]

I'm sorry, but somebody said it before...Looks like a weed wacker. Too bad the pictures aren't clear enough as I'd love to read the information on it. Anybody with any good picture software that can blow up and clearify the text on that thing?!

Critterhunter said:
I'm sorry, but somebody said it before...Looks like a weed wacker.

OK, whats your point? If it's better than my E-Trac (already one of the very best turf detectors available) I would swing it if it looked like a tree branch.

I swear, some of you people are in such a hurry to demonize something you know nothing about. I guess I prefer to hope for the best from a company that has produced and entire line of the very best detectors.

I don't think Critter is criticizing the machine or demonizing it for that matter. It does look like a weed eater but like you said who cares. If this machine is only a fraction better than the E-Trac I already want one and then adding the water proof feature is a big plus for me.

BCOOP

If you were designing a new shaft assembly based on current consumer detectors, let's say Tesoro, then you think about thin wall aluminum shafts of small diameter with sweeping curves. But if you approach from the opposite direction, let's say a military spec shaft assembly that's incredibly strong, then the following is kind of a starting point.

[attachment 232277 F3.jpg]

Notice the resemblance, a large shaft assembly to hang a big battery pod off of, along with an accessory pod in the rear. If you read about the counter mine stuff from ML you can see where a portion of this new design is brought over from the military side and adapted to a pro-sumer model.

HH
BB

Jason in Enid said:
Critterhunter said:
I'm sorry, but somebody said it before...Looks like a weed wacker.

OK, whats your point? If it's better than my E-Trac (already one of the very best turf detectors available) I would swing it if it looked like a tree branch.

I swear, some of you people are in such a hurry to demonize something you know nothing about. I guess I prefer to hope for the best from a company that has produced and entire line of the very best detectors.
I could not agree more!!!!! :ausflag:

Come on now, relax. Are people so keyed up about a product that somebody can't make a simple joke about what it looks like? I'm not the first person to say it, either. Of course if it performs well people won't care what it looks like for that matter. Just think it does in fact look different. Nothing wrong with saying that.

You be the judge and don't be afraid to smile about it...

I just hope people will be open about hearing both the good and the bad (if any) about this machine when those who get one post their field reports. I for one don't want people hesitating to say anything that isn't exactly all on the "pro" side because of the reaction they are afraid they might get. I want to hear any and all opinions from the lucky guys who are the first to get their hands on one and decide to share what they find with us on the forums, regardless of what those opinions and details turn out to be. If people are reluctant to share their honest opinions then how will we know if it's the right option for us? So I hope the conversation is kept open and not held back in those terms.

What I'm really just BEGGING to hear is somebody doing some in field comparisons on undug targets between their other Minelabs and this machine, then digging it up and seeing if in fact this machine does show greater ID at depth or better ability to unmask targets via any enhanced processing it may have in terms of analyzing deep or combined signals in those two respects. Then I'd REALLY like to read about any further comparisons on those factors by using a good aftermarket coil on the "old" Minelab versus this new potential wonder they have. In particular, comparisons of say the 12x10 or 13" Ultimate coil to it and it's Pro Coil on both deep targets and badly masked ones. The 12x10 has enhanced depth and separation abilities, and from what I've read thus far the Ultimate appears to have enhancements in these aspects as well. And while it might not have quite the separation ability of the 12x10, it does sound from the reports like it has better separation abilities than a typical DD conventional round coil...So with those two strengths (depth/separation) of these two coils I'd be highly interested in hearing if another Minelab is able to keep up with this new wonder machine in both those terms.