Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ctx3030 work with nimh 2450 battery.

thebug

First my english is not very good because .I m a french people...

My problems is rechargeable battery pack is broken because is enter water inside my battery pack....

and i don t want to pay 149$ us for a battery pack.

My question is 8 Battery NIMH 2450 1.2 Volt = 9,6 volt work with the ctx3030 and if is work. how many time is possible i use my detector with battery nimh normaly compare to the normal alcaline battery...

because 8 alcaline battery 1.5 volt = 12 volt and 8 battery nimh 1.2 volt = 9.6 volt. it is possible the machine not detech as depth as normal or not perform normaly or work only for 2 hours...

Thank you and sorry for my poor english...

If I understand correctly,

Per the manual, page 56;
1. The Li-ion battery is rated to provide up to 13 hours of detecting time.
The 8 AA alkaline battery is rated to provide a minimum of 7 hours detecting time.

Using NiMH batteries in the AA pack is perfectly acceptable. How long they will last depends roughly on which amp-hour capacity battery you purchase...but if you purchase decent NiMH, it should be comparable to alkalines.

Please note that the battery icon that shows the battery level is calibrated for the Li-ion battery and is not accurate for the AA alkaline pack...PARTICULARLY FOR NiMH and NiCd.

There is no performance degradation, since all modern detectors have voltage regulator circuits. The 3030 is no exception.
You should have proper depth and performance right up until the detector automatically shuts off.

(All the above info is from page 56 of the manual.)

2. Also be aware that if water got to your battery while it was on the detector, then it probably also got to your electronics, as well.
Be alert for anything 'out of the ordinary' in your detector's operation.

good luck

Exactly what i m thinking.My biggest issue is how long is possible.I use my detector before the battery nimh turn offf...

the reason my friendz Francois said is use 8 battery nimh on minelab excalibur 1000 3 year before and the detector work only 2 hours and the battery on the detector is death...

I go buy nimh batterytoday and i give you a reply how long the battery nimh 2450 is good on ctx3030...

The Excalibur rechargeable pack has 10 1.2 volt cell in it so it has the 12 volts needed, the Alkaline pack only holds 8 cells in it so with the rechargeable batteries don't supply enough voltage as the only have 1.2 volts per cell. Now on the 3030 we know the rechargeable pack is only 7 volts so 8 rechargeable in the alkaline pack will supply enough voltage to run the 3030, how long I don't know, but should be plenty of time.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the Alkaline batteries will "fade" out as they lose there charge, the NiMh tend to drop off very quickly once they begin to lose charge. Trojdor made the best point regarding the NiMh batteries, make sure you purchase the greatest mAh rated batteries you can find........they will hold a charge considerably longer.