Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Curb strip still producing!

INSAYN

Been hitting this 5' x 100' curb strip on Sundays for a few months now.

Today I worked it with my recently replaced 11' coil. Loving this coil, hated the first one with a passion!

Pulled 6 Wheats, 1936 Merc, 1957 Rosie, two 1920's Master lock keys, and some dog house charm.
The keys were at 7" in the same hole. Recheck the hole and got a flutey high tone with 12:38, 12:39 numbers just to the edge of my plug.
Got back to it and found the worn Merc hiding in the wall at 5" deep just under my plug hinge.

Oh and only found TWO Memorials (hiding with two of the Wheats), one nail, and one rusty bolt. I feel that this was a really great treasure to trash ratio!

I'm up to 60 Wheats now from this curb strip.

We have a curb strip in front of my house I hit years ago it was a very productive area. They are scheduled to replace some sidewalks this year. I can't wait until they rip them up.

Nice finds INSAYN! That spots really been paying off for you! I'm surprised at the numbers that merc came up at, I've never had a silver coin come in at 12:38 or 12:39! Always 12 & 13:45/46. Maybe I'm missing something!

McClod, the thinner silver can be lower numbers than normal.

Half Dimes, some wheats, some indian head pennies, small silver, plus many more things good/bad read 12-38 and 12-39. Those tend to be good numbers if they are deeper in my area.

INSAYN said:
McClod, the thinner silver can be lower numbers than normal.

I hate to think how many I may have missed! Everyone I dig a 38 or 39 it's junk, or a penny, almost the same difference.

And then there will be that "one" that is silver.

Where I normally hunt, I don't get a lot of targets as it has been hammered to death, and for that I dig every high tone repeatable regardless of numbers.
Good tones in several directions, and I'm digging. I'm not going to be too picky. Sure, there is occasional junk but I won't dig it twice. :cool:

Good point, about not having to dig the junk twice.

Dekeyser68,

If you have the 6" coil already, it is awesome for curb strips. You can go slow, and really pick targets apart and dig everything that you feel comfortable digging.
I found on occasion that when there is a chunk of iron identified (not just a nail), I will dig it to remove it only to find a coin hidden there.

After I give the area a good couple of cleanouts, I will then hit the area with stock coil.
I plan to rehit this strip again with the 17" once it appears dried up.

Wait a year and start all over!