Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

curb strip wheats and silver

bbqman

Got out briefly for about a 2 hour hunt this morning along a curb strip I did well on back in the late eighties. The finds include 8 wheats and a 42- s merc I managed to gouge, OUCH ! 3 of the wheats were in a small pocket spill and date `20, `22, and `25. The rest of the wheats were from the mid 40`s. Was great to get out for a bit and see again what the SE can find in ground I thought I had cleaned years ago. HH

Yes...the "Ouch" club is fairly large I would imagine.....congrats on the finds !

Nice hunt Randy, no worries about the nick. I'm a member of that club to.

Hey, bbqman, did you notice that you got a '22 plain wheat? Not the "Holy Grail" of wheats like the 1909-s VDB, but pretty close. That sucker is worth at least $150. WTG!!!

Nice curb hunting bud. The "gouge" is just a battle scar. Good find.

Hey Randy --

While you may have a valuable coin on your hands, apparently, I had a different question...

Tell me more about this "curb strip" thing. Not familiar with this -- do you mean the grass between the edge of the street and the sidewalk? If so, do you just assume it's city easement and thus legal to hunt, or do you hunt these spots in specific places? Fill me in here! :)

Steve

nice curb finds and yes i,malso in that ouch club

Good job and some nice finds.

WTG on the Parking Strip (that is what we call it) finds. I have started hunting my old neighborhood "strips" and sometimes get permission to hunt the yards too! If someone asks what I am doing or I see them in their yard I ask. I get a lot of yes and some no. Nothing to brag about yet but a few wheaties and one Merc. But I just started!

Nice finds, congrats on the silver. Don't let the tiny knick bother you, it happens. It will happen again. You can't be perfect all the time. My buddy is still bummed about the barber half he mangled last week. JJ

sgoss66 said:
Hey Randy --

While you may have a valuable coin on your hands, apparently, I had a different question...

Tell me more about this "curb strip" thing. Not familiar with this -- do you mean the grass between the edge of the street and the sidewalk? If so, do you just assume it's city easement and thus legal to hunt, or do you hunt these spots in specific places? Fill me in here! :)

Steve

In my home town of Marietta Ohio the Police saw me detecting between the curb and the sidewalk. They stopped to tell me it was OK to search this area without owner permission as this was city property and the city says it is OK. This said you will need to check with the city you will be detecting to ensure it is OK there.

But I always try to knock on the door to inform the property owner I will be detecting. I will also ask if OK to detect the front yard as well. I give them my business card and explain I will leave yard as found it. I have been pretty successful in gaining permission.

Good luck!!!

I have been hunting curb strips a lot in my town, and have been getting a lot of good stuff. Congrats on some good stuff!

Hey raweppler --

Thanks for that info. I will check with the city police. I would obviously get permission if I were to hunt someone's front yard, but in front of vacant homes, or lots with no home on them, it should be OK to hunt those, being city easement. I will check with the police...but it's also nice to hear that you have been pretty successful in gaining permission to hunt front yards, too...

Steve