Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Curiosity........

frankj3

I am not interested in which manufacturer gets the most votes. This is simply something I am curious about. That's all, so don't try to make this into a "battle of the brands", please.

The only metal detector I have ever used is a Bounty Hunter. So consequently I am "trained" to listen to their tones. As such, I don't find them to be "different" or "odd" or anything like that. It's what I "grew up listening to."

My question is: Those of you who have used more than one manufacturer's detector, whose has your preferred tone or sound?

HH y'all.

Frank

The White's V3i. It has up to 191 tones for 191 VDI's, all assignable by you for whatever tone you want for each VDI. If you don't like a certain tone for that VDI, change it and if you don't want to hear a VDI, enter 0 for no tone.

-- moved topic --

I have used several machines, and once I got used to it the minelab tone I found the best for me. I don't have the E trac any more because the ergonomics were not right for me but I sure liked the way it sounded.

Whites tone id on the eagle 2 sl & spectrum(don't know about v series haven't used them) one can tell silver wirhout looking at screen(or u can if in doubt).

The White's 190+ system is very descriptive but still just a digital calliope tone and the Fisher "R2D2" gibberish has never done it for me either. The Minelab top end tones (Explorer , E-trac , CTX) have tonal discriptiveness like none other , and of the 3 , I prefer the E-trac.

The best tones for me are models that are long gone, but the first models of the original Teknetics were the best.

Mark

Thanks for taking time to reply. Interesting so far....

HH y'all.

Frank

I use the Sovereign GT. Once I learned to hear the difference in the tones the machine really talks to me. Even with my lousy hearing I can pick out good targets from all the trash that I pass the coil over during a hunt.

When I purchased the Excalibur II I was expecting to hear the same tones. NOPE. Cheap Junky Headphones do not reproduce the sounds like good phones on the GT.

I started out with a Tracker IV and a pioneer 505. About a 1.5 years ago I got a f-70. Fortuntaly the tones between the 505 and the 70 are similar enough there was no big change, but for pure fun I still like the chicken squawk of the TrackerIV.

I really like the tones of the AT Pro in pro mode,they are great at picking things out of iron.I think the high tone audio frequency is perfect and just based on sound I usually can tell if it is going to be a coin or not.

I have used many different brands in my 41 years of detecting and the Minelab Sovereigns seems to have the best tones for me and my hearing. Every target has a different tone and some you cant hear the difference in, so using a 180 meter will help on those. The tones of a Sovereign stay until the coil see a different target so it makes it easier to hear for me. The Sovereign is a nickle killer and once you know this detector you will tell the difference in pull tabs and nickles.

Rick

I like the tones of my Tesoros... KEN. Ind