Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

curve on the legend

C.J.M.

Just hit 82 and having eye,ear problems and was wondering how hard is the Legend curve to operate?Also what is the best all around software version.
:shrug:

If you have the level of detector experience I think you have, the Legend will not be a problem to run. The icons are a little small but you won't have to make many adjustments to get really good performance. The audio is plenty loud and very telling. Software V1.05 & V1.07 are very good. V1.09 & V1.11 give more options if you want/need them for problem sites.

I don't believe you'll have any problem with it. It seems daunting at first with all the adjustments but it isn't bad. You don't have to tweak everything to make it perform great but you have enough adjustments to make it just the way you like it and you can save that (or those) settings. If you get one then stick with it until you really learn it and you should be happy. It is very versatile and will be one of the top detectors for years to come. The one thing you may consider is the 6x9 coil instead of the 11" all these companies keep sticking on the detectors. I can't tell you about software version. Mine came with 1.04 ? and upgraded to 1.09 so far and it's been ok.

To operate, the curve is just like any other, turn on, go and observe. Its tones are very "expressive". There are many options to try if you wish, none of which are very difficult to initiate if you consult the manual. Best version? I don't think there is enough data to prove anything, only personal opinions. A rank beginner will find a lot with this detector and you are not a rank beginner. I don't think you will have any problems, just like JCR and MuddyMo said. Vibration might even help a hearing problem.

I went from analog beep and dig to the legend no problem but even if you never had detector experience i would bet you would not have any problems.
As others have said which software version is preference but the each new update had improvements. The three main ones with no issues per say as an issue can just be,not to someone’s liking, is v1.07,v1.09, and v1.11 i would just make sure it was one if those as the others had some “bugs”
Its a great choice.that will surprise you

The only problem I had was adjusting from 99 count on the F75 to 60 on the Legend. Different numbers but same results….. still learning the settings as each has its plus and minus parameters but just follow the manual and be amazed at what you find!