Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 20 Sealing the stress reliefs & headphone questions

GTzer

Final QUESTIONS so I can finish preping and teat this unit in Saltwater (wading-not diving)
Questions in BOLD type.

RTVed -the face plate gasket, around the nuts under the 4 knobs, the PP switch,a thin coat over the LEDs, 2 holes directly below the PP button and inside the stress relief at the coil. Battery box cracks sealed good enough to test (will order a new one). Removed coil cover that was filled with sand (will order a new one)

Want to RTV inside the 2 stress relief cords (headphone & coil) on the control box. and where the cord goes into the earphone.
For the stress relief(s)- [size=large]Can I loosen those -add the RTV and tighten them back without doing damage? Do I need a special wrench?[/size] The one at the coil was easy enough with a 15 mm wrench but there is not enough clearance near the box.

Headphones- [size=large]Can I get to & seal where the wire connects inside the ear cup? Is there a stress relief inside?[/size]
I notice what seem to be plugs on mono line inside the ear cups. Drain holes? Plugged or left open for-diving? Not in the manual.
[size=large]How do you get the plugs?[/size]

Thanks for all of the help & input,
GTzer

Per Fisher-the plugs on the earphones are for diving, rain and keeping water out. Also quieter in the wind. If you dive or snorkle- pull them up when you are done to allow draining and drying.
Little bit difficult to get them out. I used a tweezer & a metal toothpick. Can't lose them because they're attached with mono line. Have a little stem that makes it easy to open or seal.

They won't even discuss the stress reliefs.

no stress relief om the HP's just in from the detector then a tie wrap to hold the wire from pulling out....yes you can loosen the heyco stress relief but the seal is a little rubber sleeve on the cable and compresses when you tighten the 15mm relief.

THANK YOU Joe! Great helpful photos also. I will add a touch of RTV to the tie wrap and add a small section of split wire sheath over the area where the HP wire makes contact with the shell of the Headphones.

Stress relief- OK so I won't over tighten when I put it back. How did you get it off? I can get a quarter turn. Don't want to use a plier. Perhaps I can find a slotted socket or make one myself.
If I can get that done-I'll RTV the very end of the stress to the cable and add the super stress relief from Gleaners thread as i intend to chest mount the CZ 20.

I appreciate your advice, kind words and all of the helpful info that you have provided. I did reply also to you on another site.

Thank you,
Greg T

Hopefully-If I get this right-I'll be able to help others with the same questions.