Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-3D Coils

david bull

I traded my “Legend” for a new CZ-3D.Just curious as to what coils interchange and perform best in open field conditions…I own two F75’s and pretty much every coil available for them but the CZ is totally new to me…
Suggestions?

I traded my “Legend” for a new CZ-3D.Just curious as to what coils interchange and perform best in open field conditions…I own two F75’s and pretty much every coil available for them but the CZ is totally new to me…
Suggestions?
5” puck , standard 8” and large 12” there is 1 aftermarket FZ 12 which are non existent. No aftermarket support. A standard 8” and 5” puck for excessive trash.

My CZ6A pretty much keeps the FZ12 on it for beach work ... they are pretty much impossible to find. The Fisher 8 inch is an excellent coil. The 10.5 inch Fisher coil is not bad but heavy. The 5 inch is good for very trashy areas but the ones I've had are not very deep seeking and have me going back to the 8 inch.

Thanks all,I have the stock 8” coil which I would assume to be tuned to the detector.Going from an 8” to a 5” or 10” probably wouldn’t make much difference..I run a 12“ Tornado on one of my F-75’s with very good results.I will keep an eye out for a 12” for my CZ.

5” puck , standard 8” and large 12” there is 1 aftermarket FZ 12 which are non existent. No aftermarket support. A standard 8” and 5” puck for excessive trash.
I had the FZ 12 and the unit would not ground balance with it. Bill Ladd told me he used one because it had more ground coverage but I prefer the 10.5, it is much deeper than the 8". The 5" will give the overload signal on shallower quarters and halves. I do use the Sunray FZ-1 Target Probe too. (There are a few DD loops out too, very few. Old California has one.)