Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ-5 value

Jay80

I have a CZ-5, made in Los Buenos, tuned by Tom D, salt program set to old coins, depth to 12 in his dirt and 3 coils. The detector has some wear from easy usage, but no dents or deep scratches. What would the machine be worth?

The New Tech machines have totally damaged the demand for
older Vintage detectors. I think the CZ 5 is roughly 20 year
old technology. You will need a buyer that really knows that unit.
Price? I'd start at $400.00 to $450.00 with 3 coils or sell a couple coils separate and ask $375.00 to $400.00.JMHO
silverseeker 2

The New Tech machines have totally damaged the demand for
older Vintage detectors. I think the CZ 5 is roughly 20 year
old technology. You will need a buyer that really knows that unit.
Price? I'd start at $400.00 to $450.00 with 3 coils or sell a couple coils separate and ask $375.00 to $400.00.JMHO
silverseeker 2
Thanks for the info silverseeker 2. I may just do that.

Some pictures of the detector would be great ….. so when switch is in normal mode it is a standard CZ5??

I have a CZ-5, made in Los Buenos, tuned by Tom D, salt program set to old coins, depth to 12 in his dirt and 3 coils. The detector has some wear from easy usage, but no dents or deep scratches. What would the machine be worth?

I would be interested in purchasing your detector at a fair price through PayPal if it is still available. Email me at smithzm@live.com if you are interested. I'm a serious buyer. Thanks.

The Los Banos CZ-5 was one of the best detectors I ever owned. I don't know the value because everyone wants the newest best multi frequency detector. I wish I had it. It was a great machine. It loved iron but you could find the deep good stuff. Many people don't even know what you're talking about when you say that detector but it was probably my best ever.

I came from a whites silver eagle to a cz-5.. My coin count and silver went way up from before. As mentioned it frequently mis I'D deep iron as a good coin signal tho. I remember a repair dealer over in Illinois ( sorry for the spelling if its wrong ) I talked with once who told me a different way to ground balance the machine if you couldn't get it to GB the standard way.. Sorry don't remember how to now.. but it worked and it was fast.