Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ 6a re-calibrate

As I posted previously, my CZ can only go 8-9" in air test on a dime. After seeing posts by many that their CZ goes to 10" "in the ground"; I sent it off to Nasa Tom for a recalibrate and tuneup.

Just got it back, and was quite disappointed; no improvement , still 8 1/2" on air test, 6" in ground !!!

Tom explained that it all depends on the "matched" components used in the manufacture, some components matched up very well, some batches don't,. In my case, the latter ;so I'm getting not-so-good depth. There's nothing one can do other than changing electronic components, but there's no supplies because they don't make the obsolete parts anymore.

So, what a bummer; still good machine, but can't find the deeper stuff!

Ken

As I posted previously, my CZ can only go 8-9" in air test on a dime. After seeing posts by many that their CZ goes to 10" "in the ground"; I sent it off to Nasa Tom for a recalibrate and tuneup.

Just got it back, and was quite disappointed; no improvement , still 8 1/2" on air test, 6" in ground !!!

Tom explained that it all depends on the "matched" components used in the manufacture, some components matched up very well, some batches don't,. In my case, the latter ;so I'm getting not-so-good depth. There's nothing one can do other than changing electronic components, but there's no supplies because they don't make the obsolete parts anymore.

Ken
After more than 25 years using a CZ5 , Cz70 then Cz3D. I let them all go ...... weight was getting to me , sore for a couple days after using cz, and I am ambidextrous swinging the detectors right , then left ...... took years to be able to do that !!! ...... I am getting good results with ML540. And great results with XP ORX !. Solved the weight issue and must say 6”-10” finds are easy..... pretty common. You might look into one . HH Tony

Ken
Hey Ken,

I dont get many good finds past 6-7 inches with my CZ6a either, but i still love it. Have you ever tried a Musketeer? If youre looking for
a depth monster analog, that might be a machine for you. It's a beep and dig, but the disc. is good. I got one last year and it picks
up dimes at 10 inches no problem. It takes a while to learn, but once you get on to it...its an amazing old machine.