Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21 New

risavy said:
Hi guys I am new here.
Just want to find out what is the best underwater metal detector. Is it the Fisher CZ21???

I have 2 Excaliburs and am thinking of selling the 11month old stock one to try a CZ-21. I prefer a smaller concentric coil in the water over the DD on Excal and I feel the CZ is a better built machine that will hold up better over in the long run (10-20 years)

DAK or anybody else can you send me that link story about the cz20 I have had the machine for years and would like to see what was said in the story. I also just had it converted to the CZ21 Have you guys found the new changes in the cz machine to be better or worst?
Thank you, John

Guys, I beach hunt in Puerto Rico with my AT PRO. I've had to send it back to Garrett twice, and while I'm waiting to get it back I picked up a CZ21. Haven't tried it yet, but I will this weekend. Can someone send me the link? Sure would appreciate it. The weight on the CZ21 scares me, I can see I'll need the chest harness! Looking forward to sharing good finds.

Get a divers weight belt and hip mount it. I love mine that way and have used it for years.

does anybody have that link that DAK was refering to about the CZ21 macxhine I would like to read it. Can someone please send it to me. Thank you, John

I sent it to you. Interesting read BUT truthfully leaving behind small gold is not a big deal to me. I have found gold rings under 1 gram with my CZ-21 and am quite pleased with it. So we miss some gold. Can't get it all anyway.

Can you send me link to that article? It's been raining here for the past week and I have yet to try out my new CZ21. Thanks.

I just got the cz20 and I love this machine! If the beach is trashy I hunt with disc 0, volume 5-8, sen 5-6. If it's pretty clean I hunt in auto tune.

It is on Tom Dankowski's web site somewhere. Talking about him used to be tabo but that has changed. I have no idea where it is but it only states the facts. The CZ and the Excal are not good for chains and small gold. Small gold rings it hits with no problems.

Can you please send me the link to the report
It looks like the last time Dak was on this forum was April of 2015.
Ask away here on what you would like to know about the CZ ... I'm guessing you are looking at the CZ-21. Some of those with lots of CZ experience are not posting anymore, some are.
I've still got my CZ-20, although it is not working properly now and I am probably not going to send it in to upgrade to the CZ-21. I still have and use a CZ6a. These days, for most of my beach detecting I'm using a Fisher Impulse AQ LTD, followed by an Excalibur and then the CZ6a. None of them get the very small link chains, but if you have a detector that hits the very small chains you also have a detector that could drive you nuts hitting very small stuff that you don't want.
Here is a link to what I wrote about using a detector that would find very small stuff at the beach:

I won't comment on the AT hitting gold. I have YET to hear of anyone finding a gold chain underwater with an AT on ANY of the forums I am a member of. Air testing is one thing. Actual finds is another.

I have only found one chain with the CZ and it was a large one. I have found at least 6 by eyeballing them while diving and digging other objects. I will never by an AT for diving because sooner or later I will drown it by going too deep. I get enough rings with my CZ's that I am content.

Gold is a unique metal and its properties fool a lot of detectors. Sure I don't want to pass up any gold BUT thats just the way the cookie crumbles with the technology we have today. The CZ is a tank, well built and a wonderful machine.
A small chain has more to do with the link size and shape vs the metal type. Maybe you should read some of the comments left on Old Beechnut's videos. I have known Tim many years and have seen
comments from AT hunters and also on Steve Herschbach's forum, and I did not "hear" any comments I read them. And while I love the CZ and have 3 of them Fisher is phasing them out. (What do you mean, you will "never by an AT"?)

Hi guys I am new here.
Just want to find out what is the best underwater metal detector. Is it the Fisher CZ21???
It & the Excalibur are very capable detectors, how deep do you want to go? The Aquascan Aquapulse is used by many treasure salvors.