Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21 or ML Excalibur

Tom, I hope sometime in the not too distant further to be able to hand you a Fisher PI and watch you try it for yourself and tell me what you think.

Exactly when that can happen and how, I am not yet clear, but a long drag up the CA coast with the first one I get my hands on is very much my “Plan A”

lytle78 said:
Tom, I hope sometime in the not too distant further to be able to hand you a Fisher PI and watch you try it for yourself and tell me what you think.

Exactly when that can happen and how, I am not yet clear, but a long drag up the CA coast with the first one I get my hands on is very much my “Plan A”

I would be very much honored. We have a guest bedroom you can stay in, and the beer is on me :)

You said : " Tom, your scepticism is no doubt well founded on the history of all currently available PI machines. "

Sheesk, I was there "in the days" . When guys were still using push-button Compasses, and VLF/TR's on the beach (and having to "ride the knob" while in manual VLF mode, whenever they got closer to, or further away, from the water's edge. All the way to the present age. So I've "seen it all". haha

But I'm the first to admit that ... that doesn't mean there's not something new. Or new technology that will leave the guy who waits, kicking himself years later, for not having tried it earlier (once he polls the panel and sees who's-finding-what, haha)

No, my skepticism isn't founded on the history of the currently available PI machines". It is based on the rather comical observation of the various touted "discriminating PI's" (whether via audio clues, or actual on-board filters). There's been (as you know) multiple ones that have come down the pike.

Hence, now, when I hear of "yet the latest release/claim", then yes : You can hardly blame me for being skeptical.

Anyhow, if you find yourself in this part of CA, hopefully some storm erosion is going on . Would love to try it.

Some of my observations. I recently bought a used Excalibur and haven't used it yet. I also have a Sovereign GT and I understand they have the same guts. I also have a Garrett AT Pro which I love. I also acquired a Whites MX Sport which is extremely deep. A Tesoro Tiger Shark for back up. Mostly use the AT Pro and I will use the Excalbur for salt water.