Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ21 or ML Excalibur

Tajue17

Has anyone used both machines and wondering which one would you keep if neither one had a warranty,,, I have a excal lined up but curious about the cz because both used are about the same price point.

Thats a tough call. I had a CZ for years, built like a tank. The thing I liked best about the Excal,... it hates bottle caps. I would probably take the CZ-21. I love the pin point feature.

I agree with zig-zag4 and nomada68: I'd prefer the Excalibur. I'm just not a fan of silent search CZ's. I much prefer a threshold hum. But .... that's just personal preference. Other people may like silent search.

Before purchasing a water proof machine I did a lot of research. Did a lot of reading on the forums. Finally decided on the Xcal. No regrets. Both are very good machines but I like the threshold on the Xcal. Is it perfect? NOPE! There are things that could be improved but it is a danged good machine.

I think both are great machines in the right hands. I made the choice several years ago and went with the excalibur, sold both my cz20's, bought a CTX...had it for two years then sold it.

Good Luck!

wow okay thank you everyone,,,, you might of noticed my other thread asking about the kruzer vs the mx sport well I bought the MX sport and also got a 13" ultimate coil for it..... the gentleman I bought the coil off also has a Excal available which I keep getting told is THE machine to get if I'm headed into the surf!!! I need to sleep on the spending money on another detector so soon but I think I'm going with it,,, guy will also meet me at the beach and show me how to use it which is pretty cool.

i'm married so I have to figure out how I can pull this off now,, thanks for the posts as always! T in Boston.....

Tajue17 said:
wow okay thank you everyone,,,, you might of noticed my other thread asking about the kruzer vs the mx sport well I bought the MX sport and also got a 13" ultimate coil for it..... the gentleman I bought the coil off also has a Excal available which I keep getting told is THE machine to get if I'm headed into the surf!!! I need to sleep on the spending money on another detector so soon but I think I'm going with it,,, guy will also meet me at the beach and show me how to use it which is pretty cool.

i'm married so I have to figure out how I can pull this off now,, thanks for the posts as always! T in Boston.....

Hi there,
Me too- I suggest that you tell her that you will give her half of what you find.
My wife gets quite a bit of money each year.
She does not like detecting but is happy for me to go and do it ....it works for me :biggrin::ausflag:

He sounds like a good, genuine guy ready to meet you at the beach to show you the excal. :thumbup:

If you go outside the X-cal, why not entertain thoughts about getting a used Deus and outfit it for water use. Very sensitive on any size gold and will certainly get the small stuff over the X-cal and 21. One than can also use it for both land or water. Steve

Which underwater detector finds the smallest finds such as ear rings . My AT Pro finds Small studs and ear ring backs. I out find my friend with the CTX.

Had the cz and excal. Sold the cz just bought another excallibur 2 .Now I have 3 the excallibur sword the excalibur with blue headphones ( changed head phones on the 2 older machines to grayghost aqua headphones ) And I just bought an excallibur 2 . These outperform anything made , and last if you take care of them . Regardless what people say - they DO find small objects (if your hearing is good ) . My older excallibur has a huge wot coil , and I regularly find small objects like ear ring backs and small stud earings , even found a .177 lead pellet . I had to install a fine screen in my scoops for small objects . - mike

Soon there will be a clear alternative - the new Fisher PI detector. More depth than either the CZ or Excalibur, decent Iron ID if you want it and likely priced reasonably.

Only problem, not here yet. When? — Nobody knows.

Watching and Waiting for that Fisher PI.....The fact that Carl Moreland is involved I'm excited.

The gold is calling!

The only way to know for sure for YOU, is to use both units in the areas you will be hunting.

Like Tom CA stated, it has a lot to do with personal preference.

Cracks me up when guys state hands down this unit is the best. Yeah...hands down for THEM.

Differences between the two (CZ vs Excal):

Silent search vs threshold
Concentric coil vs DD
Manual GB vs auto.
3 tones in discriminate vs multiple tones
How pinpoint feature works
Ergonomics

All of these and more will determine what you prefer.

You can have the deepest most sensitive unit on the planet...if you don't like it or it does not mesh with you in terms of sounds, weight, feel, etc, you won't use it and you won't find a thing !

mike k. said:
Had the cz and excal. Sold the cz just bought another excallibur 2 .Now I have 3 the excallibur sword the excalibur with blue headphones ( changed head phones on the 2 older machines to grayghost aqua headphones ) And I just bought an excallibur 2 . These outperform anything made , and last if you take care of them . Regardless what people say - they DO find small objects (if your hearing is good ) . My older excallibur has a huge wot coil , and I regularly find small objects like ear ring backs and small stud earings , even found a .177 lead pellet . I had to install a fine screen in my scoops for small objects . - mike

Yes, this defies conventional wisdom, but ... it's somehow true. A buddy of mine has the Sov/Wot combo (which would be similar to the Excal/wot combo). And, while it's true that he kicks b*tt on coin and ring sized objects, I chided him that he's loosing sensitivity to smaller dainty gold. He tried assure me that he also gets dainty small things at depth as well.

Eventually, I saw it with my own eyes, that .... yes ... he does indeed get even small dainty stuff. GRANTED: not "grain of rice" sized stuff (ie.: "micro-jewelry"). You'd need a pulse, or the Nox, or a nugget machine, or whatever if that is your agenda. But .... seriously now ....... how much "grain-of-rice" sized jewelry is really worth chasing ? An earing stud ? Who cares ?

Perhaps the only thing that a micro-jewelry enabled machine can boast about, is, admittedly : Tinsel thin chains. But even then: While none of us would belittle a gold chain, yet .... let's be perfectly honest: When you get that on the scale, you're talking about some very light weight stuff. And when it comes to the bigger gold chains and bracelets, (with bigger links), then the standard machines can get them. And THOSE are the ones that have the weight anyhow.

lytle78 said:
.... decent Iron ID.....

Somehow I have my doubts. The devil is going to be in the details. I'll bet that to avail oneself of the "iron ID" on that, he's going to have to sacrifice some of the fabled depth. Or that "nagging doubts" will have him chasing a bunch "just to be sure".

I am waiting to see the day when a P.I. detector get equivalent iron ID, to what we've all come to expect on our standard machines. There's been several PI introductions over the years that tout "iron ID". But the devil has been in the details each time. Or PI machine users who swear they can tell the difference by sounds/tones. Yet.... you see those poor souls pack up and leave nail-ridden beaches in disgust. :unsure:

Tom, your scepticism is no doubt well founded on the history of all currently available PI machines.

The iron ID on the Manta does not function to the same depth that the machine exhibits when the “all metal” settings are selected. the difference I’m told is not great, but there is a difference.

In the all metal mode however (According to LE JAG who has been testing Manta prototypes for more than 3 years) any target detected (at any depth) can easily be cross checked by raising the coil till the target “fades”. Ferrous Targets will give the “multitone” signal before you raise the coil enough for the signal to disappear. Non ferrous will retain their normal tone until they disappear.

Note - this is apparently not the “double blip” on elongated iron which some users of current PI’s claim to hear and you are correctly skeptical of.

Thanx for replying Rick !