Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

cz3d deep silver question

Dumb question #2: hello i am just getting used to the tones on the cz3d, i have the volume set to 4 on the detector and the volume higher on my headphones.
i can find coins in the shallow range but i have yet to find deep silver, i hunt in the older areas of private homes, is the signal supposed to be faint and repeatable or broken, i see the meter swing in the coin range, any advice would be appreciated.
thanks very much ....Tony

Tony, what are you finding? If you are getting non-silver coins that are pre-1964, you just need to be patient. :thumbup:
If you are getting a needle swing and no tone, check pinpoint for sound or needle reading. Are you in Auto-tune? You won't lose much depth with disc on a CZ, but unless you need to use it I'd use as little as possible. Though sometimes cherry picking coins with high disc is a great strategy! Try volume on 10 and adjust headphones for volume comfort. It won't give you depth or target help (like 1-5), but it is a stronger tone for a weaker reading.
HH, amigo!
Tom

I would set your detectors volume to '5' if you want modulated audio. I.E. the deeper coins/targets will sound weak. If you want to make sure you hear the deeper targets...turn the volume up to '10'. Make sure that your headphones are adjusted properly. My biggest problem was the loud 'BARK' that the CZ gave me when I released the pinpoint button on a shallow coin.
Tony...send me a PM on that Mark 1 if you still want to sell it.

mike i am taking the photos of the mark 1 again it is a hip mount unit it has the original red coil red box great condition original owners manual, recharger but no rechagable batt.
a reminder one batt clip is missing, i am going to try and us a few small washers to get contact and fire it up, but i was thinking in the 300 to 350 range , your thought as allways appreciated.
thanks...Tony

At 5 or higher it is in boost mode on audio set it at 4 I read this in the manual.

Volume of 5 or under its modulated( shallow loud...deep soft) might try it at 10 where the deep targets will sound louder and perhaps thats the reason you are missing them.

Remember don't expect a ear splitting hit on a 10 inch silver dime and may only repeat from two directions whereas a shallow target may repeat from 4 directions.

I usually find once you dig a 4-5 inch plug to start the signal will get louder and above all just cover a small area, if it cover a large area its probably a large piece of junk.
Of course a quarter or half will cover a larger area but that all comes with experience.

I have found deep silver at 11" with iron utensils in the mix
when I have been in the woods hunting. I could never find
the deep stuff until my partner(a fisher dealer) caught me
hunting with my sens. at 4.5-5. He re-ground balance
and had my vol. at 10, sens, at 8. Sure there was falsing
but when I would hit a coin signal you knew it!!! Very
distinctive. I own a very low serial number Los Banos 1021 model
and it's the hottest machine I've ever held in my hand.
If your park hunting, drop that sens. , a touch or two!
The deep silver will come. I also watched TOM's
video a hundred times as he shows you how to read those
signals. In my eyes Tom is ONE OF THE BEST!!!
Very talented man with a wealth of knowledge.
I've never spoke with the man but I accept all his input!!!
Hope this helps....
Sincerely,
silverseeker 2

I run my CZ5 with the volume maxed all the time. I want to hear the weak signals and this does the trick. Anything deep is loud and clear and I like this especially when it is too hot for headphones.
I don't need to estimate depth or size most targets because if it beeps it gets dug.......HH

Roger

Headphones make a difference with the modulation, too.
You might try a few different headphones with it if you got any extra to try.

My Fisher phones work good with my CZ. Very even modulation to the end. I think these are 32 ohm phones if I remember right.
My Koss phones work good with my CZ. Even more smoothed out modulation. I think these are 100 ohm phones if I remember right.

But My Uniprobes work much differently. Normal audio to a point, then a quick drop to the lowest modulation audio. good/bad??...on the good side you diffently know that the target is deeper, on the bad side the audio is so faint you could easily miss it if you got distracted or into a lot of surface trash. I think these are 150 ohm phones if I remember right.

Point being, headphones do make a difference.

HH
Mike

I'm probally one of the few who like to hunt with modulated audio. I won't even look a detector anymore if it doesn't have some type of modulated audio as I love to hear the deep softer tones among the shallow so I don't have to keep my eye trained on the desplay everytime I get a good hit. I run my volume at 4. I think adjustable modulated volume is one of the greatest inventions! I think it was a Dave Johnson creation. That is also why I love the E-trac as it has it too. Except Minelab calls it volume gain.

I agree Harold, and have my volume set at 4 when I land hunt. Those soft, repeatable high tone 'tinks' are sweet sounding and almost always mean deep silver or a wheatie/copper penny.

At the beach, with less trash and a dig all mid and high tone approach, I have it set at 6.

wow what a wealth of information i am going detecting at an old home i will use the suggested setting , thank you all so very much
Tony my cz3s is also a los banos serial 1021 calibrated by NASA Tom, I am going to buy that video