Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ6a tuneup

Anyone knows where I can have my CZ6a tuned up /recalibrated?
Seems to have lost some depth and ID.
Eg, buried a dime at 7". It can see it , but ID as iron; proper ID is only at 5"

Ken

Eg, buried a dime at 7". It can see it , but ID as iron; proper ID is only at 5"

Ken
Send it to Tom Dankowski . Anyone else will screw up the calibration procedure.
It'll come back Professionally TUNED. Well worth $$$$$$!!! He will give you all the info..
on any issues and work Completed. Can't go wrong...
silverseeker 2

Send it to Tom Dankowski . Anyone else will screw up the calibration procedure.
It'll come back Professionally TUNED. Well worth $$$$$$!!! He will give you all the info..
on any issues and work Completed. Can't go wrong...

The factory can tune it too. In either case, contact who you want to look at it before sending it and hear what they have to say. Tuning may not help if it is a component degrading or component failure and as old as it is, parts availability may be an issue. Great detectors. I've got two of them. I think it is worth seeing if it can be fixed or brought back up to snuff.

I would go with NASA Tom (Danowski) as well. It will be tuned to give the maximum depth that your detector can achieve. Not sure even, if Fisher has anyone anymore to do re-calibrating. HH Jim tn

Jim,
If they didn't they wouldn't be able to be making and supporting the CZ-3D.
Have heard Plenty of War stories on FT doing recalibration on Fisher machines..
Dankowski is your only SOLUTION!!! It'll be "DONE RIGHT"... He gives
excellent communication on repair...
silverseeker 2

Have heard Plenty of War stories on FT doing recalibration on Fisher machines..
Dankowski is your only SOLUTION!!! It'll be "DONE RIGHT"... He gives
excellent communication on repair...
silverseeker 2

There was a period of time near the end of the original Fisher labs company existence when the calibration procedures were changed to save costs. Fisher admitted that and that they were putting out subpar CZs. First Texas corrected that and returned the more time consuming (costly) calibration procedures to their processes. I believe it was Dave Johnson who posted about it, although I'm not positive it was Dave who posted, I'm not finding the post right now in searches. Combine that the CZ3D and CZ21 are still in production and still some of the deepest seeking detectors around, with First Texas owned Fisher Labs reputation of excellent customer service, and that adds up to a place to feel confident that they have solved the issues that happened when Fisher was going bankrupt.

There was a period of time near the end of the original Fisher labs company existence when the calibration procedures were changed to save costs. Fisher admitted that and that they were putting out subpar CZs. First Texas corrected that and returned the more time consuming (costly) calibration procedures to their processes. I believe it was Dave Johnson who posted about it, although I'm not positive it was Dave who posted, I'm not finding the post right now in searches. Combine that the CZ3D and CZ21 are still in production and still some of the deepest seeking detectors around, with First Texas owned Fisher Labs reputation of excellent customer service, and that adds up to a place to feel confident that they have solved the issues that happened when Fisher was going bankrupt.

I'm Positive Tom Dankowski's knowledge on Calibration far Surpasses any employees
at that other pretty much Defunct company running on Old Tech!!! So that's where I'd send it!!! JMHO!!!
silverseeker 2

I'm Positive Tom Dankowski's knowledge on Calibration far Surpasses any employees
at that other pretty much Defunct company running on Old Tech!!! So that's where I'd send it!!! JMHO!!!
silverseeker 2
Tom does good work. No argument there. Just suggesting that he is not the only source. There is a guy in Charelston, SC who does custom tunes, like notch out of zinc cents and putting the nickle in mid-tone rather than high tone since nickles are in the gold range; it makes a CZ21 a better beach gold searcher if that is all you want to search for. If Tom where the only source, I would certainly highly recommend him. There is no reason to not send it there.

Pretty much defunct? Running on Old Tech? Guess you haven't been following the Impulse AQ development and limited release. The AQ is very impressive.
Cheers,
tvr

The CZ6A is analog so with them still making the cz3d I don't see why Fisher wouldn't calibrate your detector?
Tom D. does an excellent job on calibrating the CZ series detectors.

I remember Dave Johnson explaining the cz calibration problem when F T first acquired Fisher. The original spec's had been lost when making the move to Tx, but Dave eventually found them and got the calibration and re-calibration problems resolved....I believe is pretty much the way the story went. Personally, I have found First Texas to do outstanding repair work and do so in a timely and hassle free fashion. Tom D is dang good, however.

As far as F T being pretty much defunct and running on old technology, the new A Q as mentioned is pretty impressive. Also, their old tech. has stood the test of time pretty darn good. Several hunters I know of, in fact, have gone back and acquired some of the new (old) F series detectors. Personally I have never been without an F 75 since they were first introduced. Anyway, HH Jim tn

Ken
I sent my CZ5 to Tom a couple years ago and he did a nice job.

yes it was dave johnson! he indicated in an article that they "found" the old calibration process, and that they are all properly calibrated
at the factory. if memory serves, there was a woman (according to dave) who was performing the cal at the factory in '"los banos",but am not sure if they retained her
when they moved to el paso

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Reactions: tvr
Tom does good work. No argument there. Just suggesting that he is not the only source. There is a guy in Charelston, SC who does custom tunes, like notch out of zinc cents and putting the nickle in mid-tone rather than high tone since nickles are in the gold range; it makes a CZ21 a better beach gold searcher if that is all you want to search for. If Tom where the only source, I would certainly highly recommend him. There is no reason to not send it there.

Pretty much defunct? Running on Old Tech? Guess you haven't been following the Impulse AQ development and limited release. The AQ is very impressive.
Cheers,
tvr
i haven't given up on first texas yet.dave johnson and crew are 'top shelf"
engineers.and i believe they are still in the game, with something in "skunk works"
that will be ready in the spring time! ..don't know to a certainty, of course, but i still would
not bet against them!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

i haven't given up on first texas yet.dave johnson and crew are 'top shelf"
engineers.and i believe they are still in the game, with something in "skunk works"
that will be ready in the spring time! ..don't know to a certainty, of course, but i still would
not bet against them!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

First Texas / Fisher works on CZ20 / CZ21. Dankowski steers clear of the water proof CZ's.
Will have to see if anything new comes out. I'm lucky to have gotten my hands on an Impulse AQ Limited. The number of limited machines being rolled out seems to have dwindled and information about the full production AQ is nearly non-existent. It wouldn't surprise me to see a version for the gold fields come out first since that is where the higher volume sales of pulse induction seems to be. They apparently did a shake up of their marketing department last year and tid bits of information on new endeavors seems to have gone away; I'm speculating it might be how they want it; no news until a release is ready to hit the streets.

I sent my 6a to Tom a few years ago. I only had the 10" coil and he does his testing with 8". He tested with the 8" and my 10". He sends info on all he did with respect to different adjustments. Tom does an outstanding job. You won't be disappointed if you send your unit to him.

I forgot to mention that I believe he keeps a record of each machine he tunes so you can check with him to see if someone claims to have dankowski tuned machine for sale.

Ken
I sent mine to Tom K for a tune up in late 2018. I had bought mine new in about 1995. He communicated with me by email so I knew what was goin on. He can also convert a CZ-5 to a CZ-3 specs if you are interested.