Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CZ70 pro tips

I have not used a cz70. I've used CZ5, CZ20 and CZ6a. On the beach I like to hunt auto tune (all metal) with a barely audible threshold and flip to discriminate mode to add target information. In discrimination mode, the CZ platform will slide an ID down as the target gets deeper. A deep gold ring can ID as iron. You are looking for short smooth target audio reactions in auto tune. If you run discriminate mode, don't run the sensitivity too high or you will be digging false signals.
Hopefully someone who has used a CZ70 will chime in ... if I recall it has notch setting capability, for the beach, I'd make sure nothing is notched out.
On most beaches, I'd opt for the big coil unless it makes it too nose heavy for you to use, the 8 inch is a great coil that does not give away much depth to the 10 inch, but does not cover as much ground either. The only place I see using the 5 inch at a beach is if it is very rocky with big rocks that you need to get between.

I have experience with the Cz 70 , but not on a beach. just land use. You could set it up like a Cz20/21 if a user would give their setting’s. The cz 20/21 is pretty much the same as any other CZ , only with no ID meter . HH Tony

Reactions: tvr
On land, you can , if you want just put the settings on the preset (red circle numbers) and go hunting. You need to read the manual on the ground balance procedure. The push button method is fine. The volume adjustment gives you the ability to have modulated audio. Below 5 gives you modulated audio, and above 5 is boosted volume (all loud). I like modulated because soft high tones tend to be good Deep targets. The sensitivity can be run higher in the digital czs , but 3-4 is fine and you won’t blow out signals . The higher than 4 numbers tend to make the targets seem larger than they are. In my test garden with sensitivity set at 4 , it still hits 8” targets. If you have any more questions , just ask and i will try to answer you.

Below 5 gives you modulated audio, and above 5 is boosted volume (all loud). I like modulated because soft high tones tend to be good Deep targets.
On the beach I like to run the CZs well into the boost range to bring out the deep targets in autotune mode. Good targets still present as narrower than iron does although I still don't walk away from as many bottle caps as I might if I walked away from all the wider sounding targets.