Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

D-Day

frankj3

"Thank you!"

Such little words. But when they are heart felt, very few words have a larger impact on the military veteran recipient.

I only wish my Dad and all my other relatives who lived through that hellish time in history could hear those words from me today. But in my heart, I know they felt my feelings of gratitude, honor and love today.

You have no idea how proud I am to have come from this long lineage of military veterans. I am EXTREMELY PROUD of the long, long list of veterans in my family, as well as the ones we have who are active duty today.

I am honored to be called a veteran. But I hold all veterans who have witnessed, first hand, the hells of war in a much higher place of honor. My peace-time service, while honorable, cannot hold a candle to the service record of the millions who served before me.

I stood ready to go where I may have been directed. But I am thankful I never did have to witness the hells of war.

For fear of leaving any of my family members out, I will simply say, "THANK YOU DAD FOR PROTECTING OUR FAMILY, OUR COUNTRY AND OUR WAY OF LIFE. I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU TERRIBLY. ONE DAY SOON........"

Frank

Well said , thank you for your service as well.
Words cannot express the respect I have for our WWII veterans . They will always have a special place in my heart .
I've done some work for a few of them and was always ready to listen to any stories they wanted to tell . Those stories will always be remembered and I tell them to others when the subject comes up , so that they may pass them on so someone will always think of them .

Thank you.

Sadly, history has repeated itself many, many times.......too many battles and wars since then.

But today we pause and remember those who walked into hell, looked the enemy in the eye, and defeated that enemy.

God bless them one and all.