Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

D2 Coil Vs. Eclipse 10x6DD

norbyx

I am just wondering if someone compared the 2 coils, I am asking because I have the 6x10DD on my MXT and was thinking if it is worth keeping for the V3i since it comes with the D2 10in DD. Probably the performance will be more or less the same? Maybe I am better of buying a compleately different coil like the 5.3???

Don't take this as gospel but have read on various forums about people using non V rated coils without a problem except they can't use the TX facility as the detector overloads ! No doubt someone who uses the coil you mention will be along soon !

You can get more depth with the D2, but the 6x10 is great in areas with a little more trash. The D2 is also a little more suseptable to areas with EMI.

On an elliptical coil, your depth is determined by the smaller dimension of the coil, in your case 6", so your depth should be deeper with the D2 but you will get better separation with the 6X10. Coil selection is all about trading for depth, separation or coverage.

Coil selection tends to be a priority thing for the needs at hand. If there were three main coils for me to have it is the stock DD, the 6x10 and the 5.3. Each one does overlap into strengths/weaknesses of the size above and below.....but never at the exclusion of another. (Unless for a budget constraint.) Some people will just go exclusively with the 6x10DD and never use the 10DD......what a major mistake and NEVER have been able to figure that one out?

One of the reasons people like 6x10 DD becouse of weight, I just try 6x10 last weekend and it is a lot lighter , I lke to buy one for myself soon.

I'd get the 4x6 Shooter and wait on the 6x10. I have both and the 6x10 is least used. The 10"D2 is a nice, deep seeking coil. The 6x10 lacks performance. martin

5900_XL-1 said:
I'd get the 4x6 Shooter and wait on the 6x10. I have both and the 6x10 is least used. The 10"D2 is a nice, deep seeking coil. The 6x10 lacks performance. martin

See....it all depends on your hunting spots and personal style. (Now if I had a lot of chain link to do....the 4x6 would be on and every other coil left in the rig.) Your going to grow into your own thing and there is no one right.....'specially with coil selection.

5900_XL-1 said:

On the Whites Forum the 6x10 is the greatest invention since sliced bread. Really now, who are you to believe? I'm not going to repeat what nw1886 said. It's a DD coil,has the coverage of a 10" coil, and the depth of a 6" coil. It's not better or worse than the other coils. It's what you need or prefer.

Well I love the 10x6 but in the V3i I get overloading with the coil at sensitivity 9. Now I know it is V rated since the serial starts with a V, might be the ground.

Hold it waist high away from the ground. If it overloads at RX15 it is bad.

OK so it is a problem with the coil. I just tested it and it starts overloading when I hit sens. 15. If I put it in single frequency it will overload then 2.5 kHz at sens. 14. So it has to be bad correct? Suggestions? Call whites and ask them if they can repair it?

Bad Coil Test The best way to check your coil is to set your gain to 15, turn TX Boost off, with the coil in the air (not on the ground or around other metal). If you don't get an overload, your coil is good. That is what the detector is designed for - not overloading at the extremes.

This the Test from Whites for a V rated coil. Call Whites and they will give you instructions as to what you need to do.

Well I have to write this because I just feel like I have been treated like a KING from whites costumer service.
I have read that whites CS was second to none but today I confirmed it.
I called whites to tell them that I had a problem with my 10x6DD, that I lived in costa rica, and that I needed to send them the coil and have it checked in a speedly way because with all the shipping times I would have been left with no coil for about 1 month.
I talked to a very kind lady called conny, she undestood my situation ad told me that what she could do is send me a brand NEW coil to my address in miami florida, and than as soon as I had the coil in my hands I could send them the damaged coil.
I asked her how much would this trade (Used for New) process cost me and she told me ZERO, nothing. I was speachless, she probably thought that I got brain damage after that because I just couldn't say anything more than "thank you".
Anyhow she took my information, address ecc.. she also was kind enough to tell me that they would double check the new coils performance since I live so far away, and that they will send me a confirmation email with a tracking number of the new coil....

Well there is very few words that can express what I feel..... I can just say

[size=x-large]Thank you Whites detectors, and thank you conny for your kindness....[/size]

This makes me confirm that my decision to stick to whites detectors was the correct one.....

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here,but a long time Whites user. Last machine was a DFX. I'm now the proud owner of the best detector made. V3i. I have a 10x6 and a shooter that was for the DFX. That is not v rated. I can run the Rx up all the way on the 10x6 but only up to 12 or 13 on the shooter. Question is. How much in the way of performance am i giving up with with out using v rated coils. If i should sell the ones i have and get v rated i will. Thanks for any help with this .:wave:pikens@windstream.net

You will be fine with the coils you have. ...
If you can run unto 15 on the 10x6 No problem.... as to the 4x6, you probably won't really notice any thing that would be a problem either..... Best thing to do is just run them and see how things go.... Your not going to hurt anything.