Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

D2 Update # 7 is now available

Curious why would it benefit me if it supported an apple app.
They will have a larger customer base. The more sales they have, the more money they make, the more they have they can expand their company. The more $ they can put into research and development.

Tell me, what company with a premium product would exclude such an important group of the market (Apple Users). What type of management of a company would find that it's not important to support 15-20 percent of the upper income market, on a premium product such as the Deus 2?

My $600 Nokta Legend, it took me 2 min to update with my Mac.

I Emailed XP about my concerns... I don't think they replied back.

They will have a larger customer base. The more sales they have, the more money they make, the more they have they can expand their company. The more $ they can put into research and development.

Tell me, what company with a premium product would exclude such an important group of the market (Apple Users). What type of management of a company would find that it's not important to support 15-20 percent of the upper income market, on a premium product such as the Deus 2?

My $600 Nokta Legend, it took me 2 min to update with my Mac.

I Emailed XP about my concerns... I don't think they replied back.
You'll be waiting a long time for that reply, Just like other user's have waited on that go terrain app. Me myself i dont support corporate greed companies ill stick with my flip phone.
Good luck with your new Deus 2

I went out and bought the cheapest laptop I could find a couple years ago for $140, I only use it for updating my Deus 1 and 2 and use it for programming my police scanner and radio, otherwise it sits. It would be nice if it worked with my Apple computers

I went out and bought the cheapest laptop I could find a couple years ago for $140, I only use it for updating my Deus 1 and 2 and use it for programming my police scanner and radio, otherwise it sits. It would be nice if it worked with my Apple computers
Maybe I need to contact some Chinese companies, tell them as usual, other companies can't make what the consumers want. I'm sure in 6 months, they could have a better product on the market, 2/3 the price, that would be apple compatible.

I’m good sometimes newer is not better!
Mark

Same here.

Not being a hater, but why would anyone buy an Apple product?
because I turn it on and it works, not 10,000 pop ups, security updates, warnings, interruptions.....would you like to update now, would you like to restart?....... No, I turned it on, why would I want to turn it off and back on? I have never used a pc that I have not been interrupted in the middle of a project. Windows shutting down in ......3, 2, 1. WTF?! I walk away for 2 minutes and it's shutting down and updating something or something popping up.

Last edited:
Heck I'm amazed to find people still use computers instead of phones and tablets! I've not had a need for a computer in years. Even with a full YouTube channel.
Um, because my iPad doesn't have a USB port, among other things. I have a laptop connected to three monitors and need them all to do graphic design and development work. That being said, I do use my tablet exclusively once I'm done working.

Apple have problems just as Microsoft Windows does and they both are junk!!
I have run windows, linux, unix, bad, IOS, etc. By far, the computer that gives me the least amount of headaches to use is an Apple. I have no use for windows anymore. It took me a few months to get comfortable with Apples, but after that, there was no looking back. And..... if. you have any question about a MAC / iPhone, Apple has the best customer support, usually answers the phone within 90 seconds.

I used to be a big Mac honk. I was an Apple demo day volunteer and was a rabid Windows hater. But, frankly Apple priced me out of the market. While raising kids who needed laptops, I couldn’t spend a couple grand each. We all got Windows laptops and they were fine, really no problems. I have used Windows at work my entire career (I’m 60) and it’s fine. I still can’t bring myself to spend ridiculous money on Apple products that do basically the same thing. That said, I love my iPad, just not for work. Cheers!

The longer USB charging cord with three connectors only has enough contacts for charging. The shorter USB cable with one connector has more contacts for data transfer. That's the one to use for updates.
I still use a laptop because it has lasted for over ten years, has a larger screen, and is just easier for me to see if I have to write a letter in Microsoft Word. Other than that I think I use my phone most of the time.

On the laptop I installed the Adblock extension and I don't get any pop ups unless I go to yahoo mail to where they force you to watch them unless you upgrade to premium which is BS. It used to not be that way. Other than that no problem with an occasional update. I have an HP laptop and surprised that the hard drive has lasted over a decade. I do have it hooked up to an external hard drive for when I does go. I love that it has four USB ports. Good for wireless mouse, and wireless micro keyboard, updating equipment, etc. I do have a small TV next to it that I use as a duel monitor. I guess it works for me.

I'm mostly a Mac user as well but I also use Linux and Windows a lot. My primary daily computer at home is an M1 Macbook Air. I have some Ham radio and police scanner utilities that are Windows only so I run Parallels Desktop for Mac. It allows me to run Windows, Linux, etc. on my Mac simultaneously as Virtual Machines.. The XP Deus updater runs fine on my Macbook using Parallels. It is a very elegant solution, best of both worlds. https://www.parallels.com/pd/window...DfCrx4F_9-yYX7CxFPftgcLOeYP2J-g8aAqLDEALw_wcB

"Don't forget you have to repair the ws6 and mi6 after updating."

My headphones and box just synced on their own after both the last updates, Lt4ever.