Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Date of Manufacture and serial numbers?

Would someone please explain to me looking at the serial no. on a Whites machine in this case a 6 digit no. how you determine the date of birth of that machine? Thanks.

I have heard of several ways and I'm not sure which to believe so I suggest calling White's service, toll free, and they would be happy to answer your question.

This is how I understand how to read it:

-- The 1st digit is the year of manufacture

-- The next 3 digits are the day of that year of manufacture

-- The middle set of digits are the detectors model number

-- The end digits are the number in which the detector was made that day

That is incorrect. - He has a six digit serial number - in which case he'll need to call White's to find out the date of manufacture.

I just called about my detector. It has a four digit number followed by a dash and some more numbers. The first number is the year followed by the days of the year. 6084= 2006 on the 84th day of the year.

It should still follow the same basic data numbering convention established by whites unless it is a really old detector. More than likley they just dropped the daily creation number.