Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Day of Days

Bob38

Noxcilians

I have been hunting a place that keeps challenging me but I can't stop going there to face the dragon. There is nothing about this place that is appealing. The soil is extremely difficult to dig with layers of square nails, bits of iron along with modern junk. It takes a dummy like me to keep thinking about how to address the issues at this place. I'm sure all of you have faced challenges such as this. A couple of weeks ago I decided to hunt the field next to this site just to see if there was anything there and suddenly found an 1871 Col. James Fisk token which was an effort to generate some relief for the Chicago Fire victims of that same year (TDI-21ish). I was pumped. that was the coolest thing I found in a while simply because I found it at this old site in the middle of Oklahoma. Hell Oklahoma was over thirty years from being a State at that time.

Fast forward a week and a half to last Sunday one day after my 60th birthday and was just hoping to find another keeper. Wasn't expecting for much but the token gave me a spark of optimism so I plugged away. The third target was 58 cal three-ring bullet (17 TDI) that was all I needed to claim victory over the dragon and I could go home feeling good. A half-hour later I popped an eagle button out of the ground and thought that was the greatest thing ever. Now I'm not located in Virginia or Tennesse so when you find a Civil War eagle button in Oklahoma it's a treat. Came in as 15 on park 2. The last target was a 10K gold ring (12-14 TDI). Nothing left to say.

Thats what I like about this hobby, finding the unexpected. Way to be persistent. Nice finds.

Seems those old sites are never hunted out. Great finds there and probably more to come from that site. :beers:

Bob38 nice find.
I found a 18 k gold ring here in Michigan in waist deep water and it looks identical to the one you got.

I acid tested mine and it indicated that it was 10K. pretty sure its gold though. Not sure how accurate the acid test is but the 10K acid didn't dissolve the test marks. Does yours have 18K on embossed on it? I can't find anything on E.S.J. CO. anywhere.

Yes it has the 18K embossed inside it , I don’t have the acid kit but I took it and showed a old timer local metal Detecting dealer, and as soon as he seen it and by the color he said it’s real.
It’s just a cool find and was told that 18 caret is generally from Europe.
It’s only worth about $90 bucks but it’s just a cool find anyway.

Doug

Great finds, and in Oklahoma! Who'd of thunk it??

Bob38 --

That's terrific! I'm also in Oklahoma, so I know just how "rare" it is to find a spot where old digs like that might be found here. I presume it most likely that you are in the eastern half of the state?

Whatever the case, there's some history there, at that spot, and reading between the lines, you are apparently aware of that -- which is a part of why you are persisting there... ;)

GREAT job! Congrats!

Steve

Thanks

I love hunting difficult sites. I learn more from them. I live in Tahlequah and hunt some areas between Ft Gibson and Tahlequah. This site has been hit hard by other Detectorist for years, but the Nox performs well there and I've been able to pick a few relics out of there. I'm still working the site and trying to find the picket locations in the area when the site was occupied by the union army. This dragon haunts me.

I have a few dragons I like to slay on occasions LOL. They are extremely tough sites but my motto is I only find one good thing its a good day. Looks like you nailed it with those pieces!!
HH Jeff