Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Day two yields big silver

Larry (IL)

I went back to the same house this afternoon and worked more of the high grass and weeds and came away with two more silvers and a couple more wheats. This was an odd property in that everything worth finding was well away from the house and "in the rough" as if this has been hunted before, maybe 15-20 years ago. The only finds close to the house was the clad and toy cars, I really thought I would find some IH's or maybe a LC, but not this time. I slipped in another picture of our "huntin' dogs" and a good picture of the SunRay Treasure Pouch that I am real happy with..... made to last a lifetime.

[attachment 190776 1.6.jpg] [attachment 190777 1.7.jpg]

Man I'm jealous...silver...big silver...and lots of cars..I know your having fun! H.H.

WTG Larry, Your Dogs aren`t watching you find stuff, My Dog used to follow me to redig my holes i covered up to make sure i got it out, I looked back he had 7 holes 4R me to cover up.
LOL it was funy, Mickfin

I told you to save some for me. General, is the only reason Larry can out hunt me. Maggie is still in training.:devil:

Nice bunch of treasure on that hunt. WTG

kyledfx , Get a Blood Hound and let
him sniff some BIG Silver first, Mickfin,

That looks like a fun spot to hunt, and I love hunting the brush. I'm always amazed at what turns up in those weedy, brushy patches.. that in most cases are un-hunted. Spring is the time to hit them before the ticks, and skeeters make those area's painful, and irritating to hunt.

Way to keep the hunt going.

Thanks for second picture. Got to love those companions of ours. I recently lost my boxer of 14 years. Im gona miss him.

Ferd.

We are so sorry to hear about the loss of your boxer Ferd. Living with a boxer is an experience, living with two is a riot.

Congratulations on the finds Larry! Thanks for the great pictures.

NebTrac

Great finds Larry, love the BIG silver !! Congrats and glad to see that you were able to get out!:thumbup:

Great bunch of finds, Larry. That big silver is sure getting a lot harder to find.

I see that you are happy with the SunRay Treasure Pouch. It does look like a good one. Is that a Lesche digger in the large pouch? Does the digger tend to want to fall out of the pouch?

Bob

I really like the treasure pouch, it has an inside sheath for the Lesche........ no falling out. The only thing I don't like about the pouch is the Velcro on the "goodie" pouches but I found that I can tuck the flap on the inside of the top pouch and it works great. I keep the loupe and a couple of AA batteries for the headphones in the bottom one and the trash and larger finds in the inside pouch. It's a little Cash at first, but I have been using a leather carpenter pouch, but they only last me about two years and then I need another one. I can't see the SunRay wearing out anytime soon.

http://www.sunraydetector.com/sun_ray_deluxe_%20treasure_%20pouch_page.htm

Thanks for the info, Larry. Been looking for a good pouch. Will give this one some consideration.

BTW, I once had a tool pouch with velcro that worked WAY too good meaning it was very hard to open flaps. My first thought was to cut some of the velcro away but stopped when I realized I would probably destroy the pouch with the cutting. Went and got some sew on velcro. Cut and attached some of that to the pouch velcro leaving less than half of the flap velcro effectively active. Worked great after that, making the flaps much easier to open but still holding the flaps securely closed.

Thanks again
Bob

That is what I was going to do, so I tucked it inside to get it out of the way until I got some velcro........ works great. Either way would be a good solution because the velcro on the flap is too hard to open.