Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DD Coil

coin hunter

Been out trying out the DD coil on my 2500. At first I thought I was having a pin pointing problem, couldn't find the target.Not having that problem with the stock coil. I came to realize that I just wasn't digging deep enough. Looks like I'm going to have to get a longer digging tool and go back to my old hunting sites :detecting:

I tell Ya...that 2500 with the new DD coil is whole new machine...very powerful relic and prospector machine now! Not that it wasn't before...:wacko:

Alan

Hello Allan,
Would you say that the 2500 with the new dd, in disc, is as deep as the AT Pro......Or maybe deeper...I am curious
Good Hunting,
Clyde (La.)

Went out again today with the DD coil on my 2500 . Seem to have the pin pointing down most of the time. Other times original hole gets wider and wider and then deeper and deeper. Twice I just gave up. I hate to spend more money but I just may have to buy a pin pointer. I don't mind digging deep if the target is deep which it is most of the time. I'm just not that confident, always fearing the target is laying to the edge of the hole. I'm feeling like a new guy to this hobby. I do know one thing when target reads 6 inches plus I start with a much larger hole planning on digging deep. Like I said I may be buying a pin pointer:stars:.

Spend the extra money and get the garrett pointer,i have had it for about a year now and its almost more important that the detector. The great thing about it is for coin hunting once you pin point and before you dig, most of the time i can stick it to the ground and find exactly where the signal is and use a probe and hit the coin, this works so well and it is almost a thrill to pop out a coin with out digging a hole.

I hear all the time about the cheap pointers and then after a while they buy the good one, the Garrett.