Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

DD1400

jimmy

Has anyone used this big coil, how does it pinpoint and what about depth, I have the 950 original, the 6x4DD,5.3,the 9x6DD, the DD1400 is new and I havent tried it yet so I am trying to get some input from the MXT Forum members who have used this coil. Thanks, Jimmy in smithfield nc.

The 1400 is not new, somewhat an antique as far as coils go. I had one maybe 10 years ago and was not much impressed. Very heavy and I didn't notice much, if any, depth advantage. Theoretically, is should have the same depth of a comparable 10 inch coil and the advantage would be in the 14" sweep. To use it very long, you need Popeye arms. One of the best coils for maximum depth and coverage might be the SEF 10X12 sold by Kellyco. A close second in your mineralized ground would be the White's D2.

Thanks larry, it is heavy but I guess I could use it as a beach hunting coil and let it skid across the sand since it has a scuff/skid plate over the coil, or I could sell it as its never been used.

Oops, I misread your post, I see now it was new to you, I thought........... Oh well, my opinion still stands, I just wouldn't have been so hard on it if I had read it right. Sorry.

Thanks for the advice, I do use my 9x6DD 90% of the time. So now I am wondering what I sould ask for the DD1400 by listing it on ebay, it has skid plate and already mounted on a rod. I would appreciate any comments.

There is a buy it now for $115, yet one sold with the lower arm for $149.99......... Hope that helps.

Hi Larry, appreciate that info, I may list on this site, but I am a new guy here and have to wait I think, or list it on ebay for somewhere btwn those two figures since it does have the skid plate and lower arm ready to go. thanks again for the info. Jimmy in Smithfield, NC