Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deciding on and comparing new machines. Can get a little comic.

Don’t get me wrong im not in for making money I’ve literally spent close to $5000 just in detectors back when the excalliber was $1250 brand new now i seen it on sale for $1600.
Haven’t even come close to pay for equipment let alone make money.
Thats my point what fun is different for different people.
Coins just don’t interest me unless they date back over 100 years and its just for the fact of finding something old not the value. I think its more of gold is just harder to find the value is just a bonus. I would love old relics but unfortunately not in an area where much happened 200 years ago.
So in order to find old rare stuff or just more rare things like jewelry you have to dig alot more i would think.
Coins is probably the most common thing to find below junk but if that’s your thing then great.
Just me and might sound weird but i would probably dig everything but coins its right there with pull tabs for me
If i want to hunt for new coins i don’t even have to leave the house just hunt the couches and car seats

Don’t i wish or anywhere in the EU for that matter I’m sure there are alot of rich target areas. Even the beaches here are cleaned out. Where there are good target areas the government usually owns and forbids you to hunt there. Not sure what the laws are over there

Well fun is different for everyone. The thrill of possibly finding gold jewelry keeps
Me going i could care less for clad and not
In an are where going to find old coins anymore.
So you basically have to dig everything to find jewelry
Im an odd duck i guess but if they could disc out coins that would be great.
Again everyone idea of hunting for fun is different I don’t expect to make a living with it thats for sure. Heck with just gas prices your upside down every time you go out.

I detect for fun not $. If I'm in an extremely trashy park for example I'm not going to dig eleventy thousand holes in hopes of finding a ring. That would make it work not fun. If I want $ I can make it a lot easier than digging pull tabs and foil all day. Now on a ball field I'll dig everything above iron.
Well fun is different for everyone. The thrill of possibly finding gold jewelry keeps
Me going i could care less for clad and not
In an are where going to find old coins anymore.
So you basically have to dig everything to find jewelry
Im an odd duck i guess but if they could disc out coins that would be great.
Again everyone idea of hunting for fun is different I don’t expect to make a living with it thats for sure. Heck with just gas prices your upside down every time you go out.

Back in the mid-late 70's, my neighbor bought the first 44 mag barrel made, for his TCC...
It was super lightweight, and he was really looking forward to using it.

The very first shot broke the wooden grip, the forend piece blew off, and he had a bruise on his hand that lasted two weeks.
After sending the Contender and barrel back in, TC admitted they'd made the first barrels way too light / short, and gave him a new bull barrel....along with a repaired forend and wooden grip.

It WAS fun to watch,
;)
mike
When I got out of the Army (mid 70's) I worked at TC for a short time, they had 55 gal barrels of rejects.

Give an Indian a decent bow and arrow and watch the results, he'll learn how to use it and each time out he'll learn a little more, same with metal detecting.
I'm a big golf nut, there's always a better driver, a better set of irons etc.
Give a tour player a set of 25 year old irons and watch what happens, he'll make them look like magic clubs.
I've got a F5 metal detector that can do a lot more than I'm capable of.

Nope but there are some features that can make it more enjoyable to use- waterproof, quiet, not sensitive to emi, weight/balance etc.
Yep comes down to features you like and price point.
I think any detector will sound on a silver quarter at 6” even a $100 bounty hunter
Weather you want to always dig foot deep holes to find a earring back or penny thats up to you. Then you might want to have the latest greatest deepest.
I would suggest going in your yard first and digging 50-100 holes, each 12” deep then decide. Call before you dig (PSA) I don’t think you will have a shortage of holes to dig with any detector.

Personally I’m waiting for Weatherby to come out with a 460 Magnum that weighs under 4lbs……. Still wont buy that either!
Love that 460.
Love to see a semiauto carbine in it.
Maybe an old M1 Carbine conversion.
Ever see some of those ?
I believe they made one in the 45 Winmag.

Love that 460.
Love to see a semiauto carbine in it.
Maybe an old M1 Carbine conversion.
Ever see some of those ?
I believe they made one in the 45 Winmag.
Obviously I'm talking 460 Magnum as in hand cannon. Had both 357 and 44 mag in old Marlin lever guns. Shot as mild as a 22. 460 mag in a light semiauto 25 round carbine. I would feel rather safe in bear country. So difficult to control it in a handgun.

Personally I’m waiting for Weatherby to come out with a 460 Magnum that weighs under 4lbs……. Still wont buy that either!
I am not a gluten for punishment. Had a 300 Wby Mag. I got it at below cost due to an error by my buyer. After about ten shots I was done for the day. Trip I planned on using it on fell thru.and I was happy to see it. Go when I sold it.

What the heck would you shoot with a 460 Weatherby The only thing i can think of is a grizzly. Best luck to your shoulder. I use a puusy pad if above 243.