Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep coins sounding like iron!

Has anyone else noticed that a coin past about 7-8 inches will give a solid iron signal on the AT Max? I started digging iron signals to see what I was hearing and pulled one wheat cent and two mercury dimes that all gave a deep iron signal till they had dirt removed. My dirt here reads 92-94 when I ground balance. If you are in moderate to bad dirt you might want to check some of those deep iron signals.

Yes the AT Max will give an Iron/Low tone on deep non ferrous targets, especially in bad ground. If you listen closely it is a shorter, soft low tone, not the harsh sound of small shallow iron. It will also pinpoint small. Keeping the detector's volume on max 8 gives the proportional audio it's full potential. Listen close & dig those soft iffy signals.