Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Deep Old Quarter / 6 Inch Toy Truck / Fob & Tokens

floodplaindetector

Finds are from the last few weekend hunts with my XP Deus 2 metal detector. All finds were pulled from public researched city parks and old school sites. Most of the finds were pulled from North Dakota including the Barber and the toy truck.
Some of the others including the tokens and Utah national guard medal and a few silver coins came from Minnesota.
The barber quarter was pulled on Saturday. It was about a foot deep. The detector depth gauge was also completely buried on 4 of the silver dimes shown. The 1916 mercury dime and barber dime are Philadelphia mints.
A surprise find was that big 6-inch Tootsie Toy truck I pulled from a local park. It looks to be a 1947 International K5 truck.
Most always those larger toys come up in pieces, so I was happy to get that. I knew it was a bigger target, but it had a pure sound to it. It was about 10 inches deep.
Thanks for looking!
Dave

Coin Finds
1893 Barber Quarter (0 mint mark)
9 silver dimes back to 1916
2 V nickels (1906), 4 Buffalo Nickels, 1940 Jefferson
2 35% Silver War Nickels (1943)
1895,1897 Indian head pennies
Not pictured are 37 Wheat pennies back to 1912
newer 1982 Canadian dime

Other Finds
Winchester Lock Plate (shown on group shot picture)
6 Inch Tootsie Toy (1947 International K5 Truck)
Enameled 'Betty Boop' pin. It looks to be the older 1940s version
DeLaval Cream Separator Watch Fob (Probably 1910-1920)
Utah National Guard Medal
Scovill - Franklin D. Roosevelt Brass Presidential Medal (probably 1950s)
Sterling Silver Ring with large blue stone
Minnesota Hockey Pin
$1.00 and 50 cent large Minnesota Merchant Tokens
Model T Ford Hub Cap
Misc. Padlocks, Buckles, Makeup Compacts and Spoons
BarberQuarter.jpg
BarberQuarterReverse.jpg
SilverCoins.jpg
SterlingRing.jpg
ToyTruck.jpg
TokensMedalAndFob.jpg
NationalGuardMedalReverse.jpg
GroupShot.jpg
IndiansAndNickels.jpg
OldPin.jpg

Way to go Dave

Looks like you did very good as a lot of nice keepers and nice to see you do so well up here and I bet most of these finds were from well worked area.

Great hunting
Rick

Awesome finds Dave! Amazing you are finding these treasures in public areas!

Thanks Guys!
Mark, Yes I am really liking the weight and performance of the Deus 2. That machine keeps surprising me at sites I have been to before.
'thepest', appreciate you posting that Betty Boop information. I figured that pin was old and it is cool it was a World's fair Souvenir.
I have probably found about a dozen 1916 (Non D mint) Mercury dimes over the years. Maybe
the next one will be a D mint mark.
Dave

Wow, simply WOW